Cruising From Amsterdam
A fairly small city, Amsterdam is packed with treasures for travelers. The city’s signature feature – perhaps most beautiful, too – is the network of canals through and around the city.
A canal cruise is a must, whether in an open-top canal boat or a self-pedaled “canal bike,” so that you can see dozens of spectacular Amsterdam sights, including stunning architecture that ranges from medieval to modern, tree-lined neighborhoods and quirky houseboats.
With thousands of bridges, Amsterdam is a great walking city, too. The museums are special attractions here, especially the Rijksmuseum, a Neo-Gothic delight with the finest collection of 17th century Dutch art, and the Van Gogh Museum, devoted to the dotted-and-dashed brush strokes and somewhat troubled life of one of the world’s most-loved European artists.
If time allows, see the Anne Frank House, too, for some poignant memories of that brave girl. And be sure to rent a bike and do as the Dutch do: pedal.
Official Tourism Site On The Web
Avid Cruiser Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring Amsterdam.
- Day 2 – Amsterdam on Tauck’s ms Inspire: Rembrandt, Tulips and a Warm Welcome Aboard
- The Joys Of Cruising At 55 Plus: Baby Boomer Travel
- 100 Viking Longships by 2020? That’s Tor’s Vision. Today, 10 Ships Christened In Amsterdam, A World Record
- This Week Miami, Next Week Amsterdam For Viking’s Multi-Ship Christening
- In My Viewfinder: From Viking Odin, Exploring Kinderdijk And Its Windmills
- In Search Of Vikings: Off To Amsterdam To Board The Newest River Cruiser
- A Sojourn To The Norwegian Fjords: Join Me On Seabourn’s Newest Yacht For The World’s Most Beautiful Voyage
- Celebrity Constellation, Solsticized
- Constellation; Honningsvag
- Constellation @ sea for Alesund, Norway
- Solsticizing A Constellation
- Where Cruising Is Headed: Meeting In A(G)MSTERDAM
- Amsterdam Cruise Port: Mapping Your Time Ashore
- When In Amsterdam: Do A Canal Cruise
- In Amsterdam: Getting To Know Vincent: In 60 Minutes Or Less
- Amsterdam Airport Hotel: Courtyard Marriott
- The Port of Amsterdam, Easy Access To The City Center
- When In Amsterdam, Do As The Dutch Do, Straddle A Saddle
- Cruising Europe 2010
- In Amsterdam, I Inhaled: In The Weeds At The Coffee Shop
- St. Petersburg Comes To Amsterdam: The New Hermitage
- InterContinental Amstel: Amsterdam’s Grande Dame
- Amsterdam, Beauty In Motion
- Lock Your Bike Please
- Bike & Barge Tours In The Netherlands