Sydney, Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia’s Cape Breton Island has been named the world’s most beautiful island, and one great way to experience that is along the Cabot Trail. But no matter which direction you travel on Cape Breton Island, you’re bound to come up on a place of astounding beauty. I particularly enjoyed the charming town of Baddeck, which was home to the inventor Alexander Graham Bell and a great place to begin a sailing adventure.
I also enjoyed a visit to the Highland Village Museum. It’s a living history museum and cultural center that celebrates the Gaelic culture in Nova Scotia.
There are lots of museums on Cape Breton Island and one of the more popular ones if the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. It provides a fascinating glimpse into the invention of the telephone.
At the Cape Breton Miners Museum, I went under the sea deep into cold mines with a tour guide who had actually worked in this harsh environment as a boy.
I also enjoyed a visit to the Fortress of Louisbourg, which is the largest reconstructed French fortified town in North America.
At this Parks Canada National Historic Site, I felt as though I were living back in the 18th century.
So chart a course for Sydney, Nova Scotia to explore all that this region has to offer. This is Ralph Grizzle reporting from beautiful Cape Breton Island — “Nova Scotia’s Masterpiece.”
Avid Cruiser Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring Sydney.
- Sydney Hotels: Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel
- Canada & New England 2016 Offers Plenty Of Diverse Cruises
- Our Newest Video: Cruise Canada New England
- Sydney’s Pier One: A Suite Spot
- Sydney Hotels: Mantra 2 Bond
- The Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
- While I Get My Sea Legs, A Look Back: Cruising Australia & New Zealand On Silversea Cruises’ Silver Shadow
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: Extended Canada & New England
- Looking For Something New? Cruising Atlantic Canada, Easy Access From New York And Boston
- Cruising Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Cruising Atlantic Canada: Halifax, Saint John, Sydney & Beyond
- Cute, Cuddly, Koala
- Down Under At Your Doorstep: On The Rocks, Where You Want To Be In Sydney
- Teaser For The Avid Cruiser Travel Series: Watch And Guess Where It Was Filmed
- Avid Cruiser Far & Wide: Ralph Grizzle Reports From Canada While Aaron Saunders Sails From Stockholm
- More Than Fall Foliage: Let Us Inspire You To Cruise Atlantic Canada
- Atlantic Canada Avid Cruiser Snapshot: Fortress Louisbourg
- Flickr Slideshow: On Assignment In Atlantic Canada
- Help Us Explore Nova Scotia