Day 11 – Piraeus, Greece
It’s hard to believe that we covered so much ground — and sea — during our 10 days on Silversea.
To think that our voyage began about a week and a half ago seems unreal. How could we have possibly experienced so much in so little time?
We boarded in Rome, docked in Naples, sailed past Strombolli, docked in Messina, spent a day at sea, called for a morning in Greece, continued to Cyrpus (where we enjoyed an ATV adventure), then spent two days exploring Israel. Another sea day, followed by a full day in Santorini before ending our cruise on Halloween in Athens.
Captain Samuele Failla says we covered 2,192 nautical miles, the longest stretch of which was Messina to Aghios, Greece, 558 nautical miles.
Here’s a list of posts from our voyage, day by day:
- Coming Home To Silver Wind
- On Silver Wind, Exploring Sorrento & Beyond
- On Silver Wind: Silhouettes Of Stromboli & A Video Tour Of Royal Suite 601
- On Silver Wind: Our Day At Sea Begins With An In-Suite Breakfast Feast
- Silver Wind Dining: Steaks & Lava Stones, An Evening At ‘The Grill’
- On Silver Wind: A Fun Day On ATVs In Cyprus
- On Silver Wind: A Birthday Celebration
- On Silver Wind: A Moving Day In Jerusalem, Israel
- Silversea Entertainment: A New Production Rolls Out On Silver Wind
- On Silver Wind: Sneak Peak Of The New Production Show, Musica Maestro
Our full journey:
Silver Wind - Voyage 2433 - Rome to Athens
|October 21, 2014||Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy||Embark Silver Wind||6:00 PM|
|October 22||Sorrento, Italy||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|October 23||Messina, Italy||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|October 24||Day at Sea|
|October 25||Aghios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece||8:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|October 26||Limassol, Cyprus||1:30 PM||7:00 PM|
|October 27||Haifa, Israel||7:00 AM||11:00 PM|
|October 28||Ashdod, Israel||7:00 AM||7:00 PM|
|October 29||At Sea|
|October 30||Santorini, Greece||8:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|October 31||Piraeus (Athens), Greece||7:00 AM||Disembark|