Crystal Serenity Review
Crystal Serenity Overview
The newer of Crystal Cruises’ two ships, the 1,070-passenger Crystal Serenity is the perfect size in so many ways. Launched in 2003 and upgraded repeatedly over the years, her public rooms and outdoor deck space are among the most expansive out there.
With its stylish but muted color schemes, this ship has a quiet, understated elegance. Some of the most appealing spaces include the cozy, wood-paneled Avenue Saloon with its round bar. It’s hardly a leap to imagine Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack sauntering into the glamorous casino, with its classy mix of gold, purple, and magenta, and the two nightclubby show lounges.
Dining On Crystal Serenity
Choose to dine at one of the alternative, open-seating specialty restaurants for refined Italian cuisine inspired by Piero Selvaggio of Valentino in Los Angeles or high-end Asian fare under the guidance of famed chef Nobu Matsuhisa.
There’s also a formal main dining room and several other casual venues to choose from, including Tastes on the Lido Deck, casual, but closed on formal evenings. Tastes also offers Chinese Comfort Food, such as traditional, Chinese steamed dumplings, noodles, soups, fried rice and vegetables.
Popular by day, The Bistro also serves as an evening café for small bites, tapas, desserts, and late-night snacks, all accompanied by fine wines, champagne and other complimentary beverages.
During dining hours, guests can also order from the full main dining room menu for in-stateroom delivery.
Activities On Crystal Serenity
For recreation, the pool deck was recently enhanced, now boasting circular sun beds, clusters of sofas and new padded lounge chairs. Guests can exercise on two full-size paddle-tennis courts or play table tennis or hit some golf balls. There’s a roomy gym, a beauty salon and an impressive spa with sea views off the ship’s stern and a full menu of the latest treatments.
Two new evening productions highlight the hits of legendary musical performers: “Rocket Man”—aka Elton John—and “Divas” from Adele to Cher.
Computer University@Sea offers multiple levels of iPad and Facebook classes to its wide spectrum of free computer-related education. An alliance with the renowned USC School of Cinematic Arts brings sophisticated movie-making education aboard, enabling guests to learn how to produce iMovie videos on their iPads.
Staterooms & Suites On Crystal Serenity
When it comes to cabins, at 226 square feet, not including the balcony, standard staterooms and their bathrooms, closets and balconies are a bit bigger than those on Crystal Symphony. Recently refurbished, furniture, wall coverings, fabrics and carpeting are brand new and incorporate silk, velvet, leather, crisp linen and stone textures. There are 100 suites in three different categories, including eight new Penthouses added in 2008, each with a separate living room, a dining area, a CD player, three TVs (one in the bathroom), a pantry, and even a small gym. In all categories, cabins have a seating area, mini fridge, a computer data port, and Egyptian cotton sheets and feather bed toppers.
Crystal Cruises ReviewsTo read a review of a particular ship, click the link under "Read the Review." If applicable, our Live Voyage Reports offer a day-by-day overview of an actual cruise onboard. In some cases, there may be more than one report, to be sure to see if your favorite destination is represented.
|Ship Review||Live Voyage Report|
|Crystal Serenity Review|
|Crystal Symphony Review|
|Crystal Esprit Review|
Avid Cruiser posts, photographs and videos featuring Crystal Serenity:
- Crystal Serenity Completes Redesign After Four-Week Dry Dock
- Crystal Announces 2019 World Cruise Excursions
- Crystal Cruises’ 2021 Deployment For Symphony And Serenity
- Crystal Offers Low Solo Fares On 2018 & 2019 Sailings
- Crystal Cruises’ 2021 World Cruise Open For Booking
- Crystal Outlines 2021 World Cruise
- Crystal Will Offer A New Collection of ‘Grand Journeys’
- Highlights on Crystal’s 2020 Deployments
- Which Lines Offer 2019-2020 World Cruises
- Crystal Announces a New Lineup of Arctic Adventures
- From the Arctic to the Amazon: Luxury Adventures In the World’s Most Extreme Places
- World Cruise 2017: A Roundup
- Crystal Cruises: The Line With The Plan
- Crystal Cruises Expansion, What’s To Come For The Next 25 Years?
- Crystal Cruises Ashore: An Interview With Crystal’s Vice President of Land Programs, John Stoll
- The Panama Canal, 100 Years On
- Crystal Serenity’s Modern Cuisine & Charges At The Sushi Bar
- Crystal Serenity’s New Dining Programs: Some Changes You May Love, Some You May Not
- On Crystal Serenity, Cruising with Edie Rodriguez, Crystal’s New President
- Crystal Cruises Rolls Out Free Internet Access For Its Repeat Guests
- A Journey & A Quest: How Larry Pimentel Is Revitalizing Azamara Club Cruises
- Europa 2 2014/2015 Brochure Introduces Four-Day Cruises, New Cruising Regions, Themed & Family Cruises
- Updated: Our Luxury Cruise Reviews
- Twenty-Plus Years Later: Back On Royal Viking Star, Now Black Watch
- Photo Tour: Royal Princess Restaurants, Plus New Lounges
- Silversea, Crystal Now Booking 2015 Luxury World Cruises — With Perks For Those Who Go ‘All The Way’
- New Cruise Ships Focus On Fitness
- Norwegian Getaway Entertainment: Legally Blonde & More
- In Galveston, Texas: Checking Into Hotel Galvez Before Boarding Disney Magic
- Cruising The Kimberley & Calling On East Timor On Orion Expedition Cruises
- Scottish Highlander, The Slow Barge To Inverness
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: The World Cruise, Shorter Segments Can Provide World Cruise Excitement
- An Artist At Work On Crystal Serenity: Mediterranean Masterpieces By Valerie Freeman
- Summer Of Fun: Running Through Airports, The London Olympics, River Cruising In France, Traveling With Teens
- Son Shines In Summer: Winding Up Weeks Of Cruising On Crystal Serenity & Avalon Creativity
- Did Crystal Serenity Deliver? We Asked If Crystal Cruises Offers A Product Fit For A Teen?
- When Your Ships Calls In Civitavechhia Take The Train To Rome For €12, Return
- Crystal Cruises’ New Itineraries, An Early World Cruise Announcement & A Recap Of Our Cruise On Crystal Serenity – So Far
- A First In Recent History? Crystal Cruises Puts Three Years’ Of World Cruises On The Books At Once
- In 24 Pictures: Private Tours Often Provide The Best Value, Touring Positano & The Amalfi Coast, Plus A Spectacular Lunch
- For A Few Euros Less: From Sorrento To Pompeii On Our Own By Train
- Two Hours In Taormina: Serenity In Sicily
- Crystal Cruises’ New All-Inclusive: What’s Being Poured?
- Stairway To Heaven? 999 Steps To The Fortress Of Palamidi In Nafplion, Greece
- Explaining Crystal Cruises’ 12/9/7 Itineraries: Combo Itineraries & More Overnights
- Picture Postcard From Athens: A Day At The Acropolis
- On Crystal Cruises: Fit For A Teen? We Find Out As My 15-Year-Old And I Cruise The Med
- Avid Cruiser & Son Cruising Crystal Serenity, Fit For A Teen?
- Leaving Sweden, Boarding Carnival Breeze, Wrapping Up Crystal Serenity, North Cape Cruising, Arctic Expeditions And Buzzing In Social Circles
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 15
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 14
- A Cruise Across Sweden, Social Media Awards Roundup & Our Writers Back Home And At Sea
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 13
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 12
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 11
- Another Way To Arrive or Depart Stockholm: Cruising The Gota Canal, Plus Cruise Buzz & More
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 10
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 9
- Cruising Sweden, Stockholm Cruise Tips, Cunard’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations & More
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 8
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 7
- New On Avid Cruiser: CruiseBuzz, Photography Tips, Our Team Of Intrepid Travelers & A Few Thoughts About Quirky Sweden
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 6
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day Five
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day Four
- Avid Cruisers Here, There, Everywhere: What Are Your Summer Plans?
- Sibling Senerity Canal Day three
- Sibling Serenity Canal
- Five Ways That Crystal Cruises Stays at the Top of the Charts
- Shipshape Means State of the Art in Cruise Line Refits
- From Crystal Serenity: A Day Doing as the Romans Do
- The Original Celebrity Chef Dishes About Life at Lutèce
- My Dinner with Andre On Crystal Serenity
- In Florence: A Rare Antique Show in a Jewel Box
- Crystal’s Voluntourism Program Creates Unique Experiences
- Putting Nobu to a New Test on Crystal Serenity
- From Crystal Serenity: A Route Less Travelled in Venice
- First Look at Crystal Serenity’s New Look
- Follow Me and See the New Look of the Crystal Serenity
- Crystal Cruises Offers Greatly Reduced Standby Fares On Five Sailings
- Crystal Cruises Goes All The Way: All-Inclusive Beginning 2012
- Crystal Cruises, Activities That Are Traditional, Tried & True? Or New & Fresh?
- Crystal Cruises Panama Canal: Join The Avid Cruiser February 23
- Avid Cruiser’s Most Popular Posts
- Help Wanted! Reader Advice For Luxury Family Cruiser
- Beer In A Box