At the end of a 7-day cruise I almost always have the same thought: I wish this didn’t have to end. Some might have a similar thought and look at taking grand voyages, spanning anywhere from a month to a couple of months. But for those who want to take their love of cruising to the next level, there’s a World Cruise for that.
The World Cruises that we will look at today span from 118 days to 180 days. These voyages are a perfect opportunity for world travelers looking to cross off bucket list destinations. World Cruises also take guests to a number of UNESCO World Heritage sites, allowing for deeper exploration into destinations.
One of our favorite things about cruising is the ability to fully customize your vacation, ensuring that you are choosing a cruise line that is going to be perfect for you or your family. Large cruise ships may house bowling alleys, arcades, water slides, and a plethora of dining options, while smaller ships tend to be more amenity rich with things like butlers, all-inclusive cruise fares, onboard enrichment options, and fine dining experiences.
Like regular cruises, there is no World Cruise that is one size fits all. So to help you decide which World Cruise is right for you, we will look at our top five World Cruises for 2022 and 2023.
Viking’s 2022-23 World Cruise
Viking’s 2022-23 World Cruise will span 138 days, 28 countries and 58 ports, with overnight stays in 11 cities. Departing on December 22, 2022 from Ft. Lauderdale, guests will sail on Viking’s newest ocean vessel, Viking Neptune, which will join the company’s fleet in late 2022.
Viking World Cruise guests will embark in Florida and journey to Central America, before transiting the Panama Canal and sailing up the West Coast of North America. A shorter 121-day Viking World Journeys itinerary is also available; guests can join Viking Neptune in Los Angeles and cross the Pacific Ocean to call in Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, before exploring ports of call in Asia and the Middle East. Finally, the ship will journey through the Mediterranean and conclude the voyage in London.
Highlights of the new 2022-2023 Viking World Cruise itinerary include:
- Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii – Guests can embark on a scenic drive to Wailua, known as the “Land of the Kings,” to the 150-foot high ??paeka?a Falls, visit Nawilliwilli’s Old Town and enjoy a walk along the beach, or peruse the shops of nearby Anchor Cove.
- Sydney, Australia – Experience Sydney’s harbor, the world’s largest, and enjoy an overnight stay allowing ample time to explore the city, from its opera house to the natural wonders of the nearby Blue Mountains.
- Singapore, Singapore – Witness the cultural diversity of Singapore during an overnight stay. Take a tour of the city’s neighborhoods, from Little India to Arab Street, visit the futuristic horticultural park showcasing more than one million plants, or enjoy a Night Safari at the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India – While in Mumbai, guests can learn about the life and legacy of activist Mahatma Gandhi, enjoy the Hanging Gardens, and explore the diversity of its neighborhoods, from the narrow streets of Old Mumbai to the colorful markets in the city’s center.
- Istanbul, Turkey – Guests will enjoy ample time to experience this historic city during an overnight stay. Straddled across two continents and the Bosporus Strait, Istanbul offers a wealth of religious sites to explore such as the Blue Mosque or the Hagia Sophia.
- London (Greenwich), England – The journey concludes in the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London on the Thames River, allowing easy access to the capital’s sights, including the Tower of London, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
Continents visited: 5
Countries visited: 28
Ports visited: 58
Overnight stays: 11
Fares for Viking’s 2022-2023 World Cruise start at US$49,995 per person.
Oceania’s Around The World In 180-Days 2023 World Cruise
Departing San Francisco on January 15, 2023, this voyage aboard the 684-guest Insignia will take guests to 96 destinations in 33 countries across four continents. The itinerary will feature multi-day stays in 20 ports of call from South America to Africa to Asia and Alaska as well as the opportunity to witness the splendor of Antarctica first-hand with three full days cruising in Admiralty Bay, Paradise Bay, and Half Moon Island. Oceania’s World Cruise is the only itinerary on this list that will visit Alaska.
The itinerary provides access to more than 60 UNESCO World Heritage sites and guests sailing the full world voyage will have the opportunity to take part in five included shoreside events.
- An Argentinian Cultural Exposition in Buenos Aires including an equestrian show and tango lessons, food and wine, capped off by a display of music and dance.
- An afternoon at the Boschendal Winery in Cape Town with a farmer’s market featuring cuisine, Boschendal’s wines and live music.
- An evening at Al Maha Desert Dune in the Arabian Desert outside of Dubai where guests take part in a Bedouin experience featuring tribal music and dance, a private falcon show and dinner under the stars catered by the Al Maha Luxury Resort and Spa.
- A Burmese Monk Donation Ceremony in Yangon, Myanmar. Guests have the chance to witness one of the most sacred rituals of Buddhism – the Donation Ceremony, where Oceania will make a special contribution in support of more than 200 robed monks present along with more than 100 villagers. After the ceremony, guests will enjoy a spread of canapes and refreshments accompanied by traditional music and dance.
- A candlelit evening at Vung Duc Cave in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ha Long Bay outside of Hanoi. The evening starts off with a welcome Dragon Dance followed by a candlelit dinner show featuring local entertainers and music. Guests will be treated to local delicacies accompanied by selected wine pairings.
All guests on the Around the World in 180 Days voyage will receive their choice of 64 free shore excursions, a free beverage package, or a US$6,400 shipboard credit.
For guests who wish to extend their travels, Oceania Cruises offers travelers the ability to extend their Around The World experience up to a total of 218 days.
- January 15, 2023 – 180 Days – San Francisco to San Francisco
- January 15, 2023 – 200 Days – San Francisco to New York
- December 28, 2022 – 198 Days – Miami to San Francisco
- December 28, 2022 – 214 Days – Miami to Miami
- December 28, 2022 – 218 Days – Miami to New York
Continents visited: 4
Countries visited: 33
Ports visited: 96
Overnight stays (including two-night stays): 20
Rates start at US$41,599 per guest based on a 180-day sailing roundtrip from San Francisco.
Seabourn’s 2023 World Cruise: Extraordinary Discoveries
The 2023 World Cruise: Extraordinary Discoveries will see Seabourn Sojourn cross two great oceans – Pacific and Indian – as well as traverse the Atlantic Ocean along the coast of Africa, stopping at ports, including Papeete, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Mombasa, Cape Town, Durban, Dakar, Casablanca and more. The ship will also visit a number of smaller ports in the South Pacific, Easter Island, Papua New Guinea, Western Australia, Seychelles, Cape Verde, West Africa and more.
Departing on January 6, 2023, the 140-day voyage from Miami to Barcelona will visit a total of 61 destinations and 32 countries. The sailing will include overnights in 10 cities and extended stays into the evening in 16 ports, offering more time in port for guests to explore these destinations. Seabourn will also offer segments of the World Cruise ranging from 21 to 81 days in length for travelers who can’t sail for the full duration of the voyage.
- Round-trip air
- Shipboard Credit
- Ocean View & Veranda Suites receive up to US$4,000 Shipboard Credit per Suite (up to US$2,000 Shipboard Credit per guest). Amount is based on the voyage.
- Penthouse & Premium Suites receive up to US$6,000 Shipboard Credit per Suite (up to US$3,000 Shipboard Credit per guest). Amount is based on the voyage.
- Unlimited Internet Package
- Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
- Personal Valet luggage shipping service between home and ship
- Unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing on board
- Visa package (for U.S. and Canadian citizens only)
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay prior to departure in Miami
- Exclusive Events, including a President’s Event
- Special pillow gifts
- 50 percent reduced deposit (US/CAD/AUS only)
- 3 percent Early Bonus Savings when paid in full by May 31, 2022
- 5 percent Repeat World Cruise Discount
Guests will receive an additional 6 percent savings off the cruise-only fare if they book either the 140-day World Cruise by April 15, 2021.
Continents visited: 6
Countries visited: 32
Ports visited: 61
Overnight stays: 10
Fares for Seabourn’s 2023 Extraordinary Discoveries world cruise start at US$66,999 per person.
MSC’s World Cruise 2023
MSC Cruises’ World Cruise 2023 will visit 53 destinations in 33 countries across six continents with a focus on additional exploration in Asia. The 118-night voyage on board MSC Poesia will commence on January 5, 2023 from Genoa, Italy, with other embarkation ports of Civitavecchia/Rome, Marseille and Barcelona.
MSC Poesia is the largest ship on this list by far, carrying 2,550 passengers, its passenger capacity more than twice any other ship on this list, and over ten times more than the smallest ship on this list, the 200 passenger Silver Cloud.
The size of the ship is not the only thing that sets MSC apart from the other World Cruise itineraries on the list, the price of MSC’s World Cruise is less than half of any other cruise on this list with fares starting at just over $100 per person per day.
- Puerto Limon, Costa Rica – Guests will have the opportunity to interact with the native sloth species or discover the rich history that the second largest city in Costa Rica has to offer.
- San Francisco, USA – Guests will not want to miss a chance to get a look at the Golden Gate bridge, visit the penitentiary-turned-museum Alcatraz, or taste local California wines in one of the United States’ most famous cities.
- Honolulu, USA – Hawaii is renowned for its sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and looming volcanoes. Oahu, the Hawaiian capital, is home to all three of these treasures, where guests can partake in a luau or simply say ‘aloha’ to a day of sunbathing on the famous Waikiki Beach.
- Sydney, Australia – Sailing by the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge, guests will have two days to explore the Australian capital where they can visit the Taronga Zoo for a chance to see real-live kangaroos or learn to surf at Bondi Beach.
- Tokyo, Japan – The bright lights of Tokyo are one of six Japanese cities MSC Poesia will visit during the world tour. With a plethora of Japanese activities to experience, guests may choose between traditional tea ceremonies, observing Sumo wrestlers’ morning practice sessions and discovering the restaurant offerings that make Tokyo the most Michelin-starred city in the world.
- Shanghai, China – One of China’s most iconic cities will give guests an opportunity to immerse themselves in the Far East where they can visit the Jade Buddha Temple, walk along the Bund waterfront or take a day trip to the Zhujiajiao water town.
- Da Nang, Vietnam – In Vietnam’s fifth largest city guests may opt to climb the one-of-a-kind Marble Mountains, bask in the sun on My Khe Beach or discover the many pagodas that the city is known for.
- Singapore – Framed by the unmistakable Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the city’s symbol, the Merlion, Singapore is a paradise for shoppers. The historical Raffles Hotel and Gardens by the Bay make this small island a taste of the best of both worlds, modern meets classic.
- Aqaba, Jordan – This city rests on the Red Sea coast and is a haven for divers and history buffs alike, excursions range from snorkeling in the Aqaba Marine Park to visiting Mamluk Castle and the Aqaba Archaeological Museum.
Benefits when booking:
- A dine and drink package is included for Bella and Fantastica experiences
- 15 shore excursions are included in the price
- 30 percent discount on laundry
- MSC Voyagers Club members will benefit from a 5 percent discount
Continents visited: 5
Countries visited: 24
Ports visited: 43
Overnight stays: 9
Fares for MSC’s World Cruise start at US$15,750 per person.
Silversea’s 2022 Expedition World Cruise: The Uncharted World Tour
Setting sail on January 25th, 2022, Silversea’s 167-day Uncharted World Tour will be the first Expedition World Cruise. The voyage will take travelers across 21 oceans and seas, calling on 107 destinations in 20 countries. 70 leading experts and 20 guest speakers will join the voyage, sharing their insight as Silver Cloud travels to some of the most remote locations on earth.
Departing Ushuaia, Silversea’s ice-class crossover, Silver Cloud, will journey between Antarctica’s highlight destinations, before setting course for Chile’s Valparaiso via the Chilean Fjords. Subsequently, guests will set sail for Papeete, Tahiti, via Easter Island and Pitcairn Island, before voyaging towards Lautoka, Fiji. Calls in a number of other destinations in Oceania – including remote exploration stops in Vanuatu, the Solomon Islands, and Papua New Guinea – precede guests’ arrival in Cairns, Australia, which then leads to the Kimberley Coast. Guests will unlock various destinations in Indonesia, before arriving in Singapore. Next, Silver Cloud will set sail for Sumatra, Sri Lanka and Cochin, India, prior to reaching Piraeus (Athens), Lisbon, and Reykjavik. Guests aboard Silversea’s Expedition World Cruise will then explore the highlights of Iceland, ahead of calls in the Svalbard Region and the voyage’s conclusion in Tromsø, Norway.
While fares for Silver Cloud’s two-bedroom Owner’s Suite cost US$500,000 per person for the duration of the 167-day voyage, the ship’s vista suites begin from US$99,000 per person. As part of the voyage’s all-inclusive pricing, world-cruising guests will each receive complimentary expedition gear delivered directly to their suites. The kit will include a commemorative World Cruise Polar exploration parka, a waterproof backpack, and various other items of clothing and accessories.
Continents visited: 6
Countries visited: 30
Ports visited: 107
Overnight stays: 9
Fares for Silversea’s 2022 Expedition World Cruise start at US$99,000 per person.