Silversea Cruises is having a busy WAVE season, as sales have opened on the line’s 51-port Grand Voyage Arctic 2021. Silversea has also introduced zero single supplement fares on a selection of nine voyages, providing solo travelers on bookings made by February 28.
Solo Traveler Promotion
Valid on new bookings made between 14 February and 28 February, 2020, guests traveling solo will incur no fare supplement on a selection of voyages departing in 2020 and 2021. In addition, Silversea is offering solo travelers the opportunity to travel deeper into many other destinations around the world with a wide range of fares with single supplements of just 25%.
Below are a few of the itineraries included in Silversea’s solo promotion:
An adventure through the Chilean fjords – Lima (Callao) to Ushuaia – October 28-November 16, 2020
- Silver Cloud departs October 28, 2020, on a 19-day voyage through the Chilean Fjords. Travelers will witness glaciers, such as the Pio Xi Glacier and the Garibaldi Glacier, as well as miles of sandy coastline, UNESCO World Heritage sites, and some of the most pristine landscapes on earth. With zero single supplements, solo traveler fares start from US$9,990 per person, with an Early Booking Bonus, which includes return economy class flights; one-night pre-cruise hotel stay; all transfers in the destination; guided Zodiac, land and sea tours; and shoreside activities led by Silversea’s industry-leading Expedition Team.
Exclusive experiences in the Caribbean islands – Fort Lauderdale (Florida) Roundtrip – December 9-December 21, 2021
- Silver Spirit departs December 9, 2021, on a 12-day round trip cruise from Fort Lauderdale. Silversea’s guests will traveler to the islands of St Lucia, Martinique, St Kitts, Antigua, St Bart’s, Puerto Rico and the British Virgin Islands, exploring rainforests, sparkling white beaches and shimmering blue seas. For a fee, travelers will be able to go heli-flightseeing over South Island from Castries, St. Lucia; embark on a rainforest safari in St. Kitts; and go scuba diving in St. Barts, among other experiences. With zero single supplements and an Early Booking Bonus, solo traveler fares start from US$4,770 and include return economy class flights, one-night pre-cruise hotel stay and all transfers in the destination.
Set sail on Silversea’s new ship Silver Dawn – Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale (Florida) – November 19-December 02, 2021
- Travelers can experience Silversea’s new ship, Silver Dawn, journeying on a transoceanic sailing between Lisbon and Fort Lauderdale. Calls in Funchal Madeira and Santa Cruz de la Palma (Canary Islands) will precede a crossing of the Atlantic Ocean, offering enough time to enjoy the onboard luxuries of Silver Dawn, as well as an enriched entertainment offering and the new S.A.L.T. culinary program. With zero single supplements and an Early Booking Bonus, solo traveler fares start from US$4,950 and include return economy class flights and transfers in the destination.
Silversea’s 51-Port Arctic Grand Voyage
Between July 16 and September 17, 2021, Silver Cloud will journey between Tromsø and Nome (Alaska), unlocking unique experiences for guests over 63 nights. The cruise line’s guests will travel to seven countries to witness glaciers, captivating wildlife, and remote communities, while also crossing the fabled Northwest Passage and enjoying two maiden calls—Nordfjordholmen (Melfjord, Norway) and Lysebotn (Norway). Silversea’s team of Expedition Experts will enhance the experience with lectures, Zodiac tours, and activities ashore, while guest speakers, events, and onboard enrichments complete the offering. Fares for the Grand Voyage Arctic 2021 begin from US$71,100 per person based on two sharing, including an Early Booking Bonus.
51 Ports, Seven Countries, And Two Maiden Calls
On this itinerary, travelers will follow in the footsteps of Amundsen, Franklin & Ross by traversing the famous Northwest Passage. This route has long intrigued the most intrepid of travelers and remains a defining adventure for many. Historically significant destinations, such as Beechey Island and Gjoa Haven, will enable guests to learn more about the passage’s discovery, as they develop a deep appreciation for this pristine region and all that inhabits it.
For guests participating in the full Grand Voyage, Silversea has curated a selection of events:
Take private charter flights to the Eureka Research Station and cross the 80th parallel
- From Resolute, one of Canada’s northernmost communities, Silversea’s guests will embark upon a day trip to Eureka Research Station—one of the coldest inhabited places on the planet—located near the 80th parallel in the High Arctic. Joined by celebrated Polar Explorer and lecturer, Tobias Thorleifsson, travelers will fly by private charter flight, crossing into the Arctic Circle. They will fly over the island of Axel Heiberg, with its lunar valley landscape and petrified forests, as they visit the northernmost weather station in North America.
Soar above the Greenland Ice Cap in a helicopter, before landing on a glacier with a Glaciologist
- Exclusive to guests embarking on the full Grand Voyage, Silversea’s guests will soar high above the Greenland Ice Cap in a helicopter before landing on a glacier in the company of an experienced Glaciologist. Enjoying panoramic views and expert insight, travelers will learn about these ice formations from an expert speaker, discovering how the melting of glaciers can impact our planet’s natural environment.
Take a scenic helicopter ride to embark on a traditional husky sled ride atop a glacier
- After taking a helicopter flight to a mountain-top glacier in Qeqertarsuaq, guests will experience a tradition that endures as a means of transport in just a few places around the world: husky sledding. Reserved only for those completing the full Grand Voyage Arctic 2021 itinerary, this husky sledding experience showcases a historical local custom.
Guest Speaker Line-Up
- Lewis Pugh: A record-breaking swimmer who has pioneered distance swims around the world, an environmentalist, and a United Nations Patron of the Oceans, Pugh has negotiated Marine Protected Area status for over two million square kilometers of ocean.
- Ann Daniels: The leader of the first all-female team to ski to both Poles, Daniels has now undertaken a project to measure the thickness of the North Pole Ice Cap, leading her team over 1,000 miles of frozen Arctic Ocean.
- Tobias Thorleifsson: An esteemed Polar explorer and lecturer, Thorleifsson holds a Master’s Degree in Polar history and has worked extensively on climate literacy projects with the Norwegian Ministry of Climate and the Environment. He has conducted many expeditions in Greenland, Franz Josef Land, Antarctica, and the Canadian Arctic.
- Dr. Chadden Hunter: A celebrated Director and Producer, Hunter has worked on some of the best-known natural history series ever made. He has dodged armed bandits, survived brain-parasites, and filmed everything from indigenous tribes in Africa to being chased by polar bears in the Arctic.
- Thomas Nilsen: Thomas Nilsen is Editor of the Barents Observer, the northernmost English language newspaper in the world. Nilsen reports on stories from northern Scandinavia and the Arctic, covering topics such as security, business development, climate change, geopolitics and cross-border cooperation.
- Mike Stevens: An experienced musician with a humanitarian focus, Mike Stevens has long used his musical talents to engage the Indigenous youth in remote Canadian communities. Stevens founded the Arts Can Circle charity to teach children new skills, promote self-esteem and creative self-expression.
- Margaret Bertulli: With 30 years of experience of working in the Canadian Arctic, Margaret Bertulli is the former Arctic Archeologist with the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre and a Senior Archeologist with Parks Canada.
What’s Included In The Fare?
Guests traveling aboard Silver Cloud for the Grand Voyage Arctic 2021 will benefit from the following inclusions:
- Roundtrip economy-class air*
- $1,000 onboard credit (per guest)
- Exclusive shoreside events
- Overnight accommodation (pre-voyage)
- All Zodiac excursions & activities ashore
- Transfers (between airport/hotel and ship)
- Luggage service
- Complimentary laundry service
- Visa package**
- Special commemorative expedition gear
- Medical service***
- Complimentary Wi-Fi