Silversea Cruises opened general sales on a new 59-day grand voyage in the Mediterranean. Between September 8 and November 5, 2021, guests will sail a vast portion of the Mediterranean aboard the recently refurbished Silver Shadow.
45 DESTINATIONS IN 17 COUNTRIES, OVER 59 DAYS
Silversea’s new offering invites guests to discover a mix of civilizations, cultures and traditions in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea.
- Stroll on the beaches of Albania’s Durres, before discovering ancient civilizations. Following an overnight call in Venice, guests traveling aboard the Grand Voyage Mediterranean 2021 will journey through the terracotta-tiled towns of Croatia, such as Split and Dubrovnik; discover the landscapes of Montenegro and the beaches of Albania; and form connections within the storied settlements of Greece. In Korçula, Croatia – the birthplace of Marco Polo – Silversea’s guests will experience a traditional cultural experience in the heart of the town, as dancers perform the region’s sword dance.
- Explore Batumi’s waterfront promenade & experience high culture at Odessa’s opera house. Next, Silver Shadow will set sail for Turkey, where guests will journey deeper into Istanbul on an overnight call; Georgia, where travelers will discover the delights of Batumi; Russia, where the coastal jewel of Sochi awaits; Ukraine, by way of the classically charming Odessa; historic Romania; and Bulgaria. Combining the grace of ballet with the skill of military swordplay, locals will present a traditional cultural performance to travelers in Batumi’s Fountain Square. Odessa’s opera house will evoke the days of Catherine the Great, as Silversea’s guests enjoy an operatic performance, canapés and champagne.
- Wander streets in Siracusa, Italy, one of the great ancient capitals of Western civilization. Ancient civilizations headline the subsequent passage of the Grand Voyage Mediterranean 2021: Greece, including Athens and Santorini; Malta, through an overnight immersion into Valetta; Tunisia and its ancient Carthage ruins; and Italy, with calls in Siracusa, Palermo, Naples, and Civitavecchia (Rome).
- Experience Golden-Age Glamour in the Casino of Monte Carlo and Monaco’s Hotel de Paris. From Rome, where travelers will discover ancient history on every street, the Italian and French Rivieras beckon. Calls in Livorno (Tuscany), Portofino, Monte Carlo, Marseille (Provence), and Valencia, as well as an immersion into the Balearic allure of Palma de Mallorca, will showcase the Mediterranean. On an overnight call in Barcelona, travelers will dine on tapas amongst the city’s famous Art Nouveau architecture. In Palma de Mallorca, travelers will explore the music of Chopin in the surrounds of the Castell de Bellver at an outdoor piano performance.
- Unwind in La Estaca (El Hierro), the Island with Soul, on a Maiden Call. Ahead of arriving in Lisbon, Silversea’s guests will imbibe in Spanish culture in Malaga and Cadiz. They will explore the French Colonial architecture of Casablanca, Morocco. They will travel into the Canary Islands, developing authentic connections with Arrecife, Las Palmas, Santa Cruz de La Palma, and La Estaca on a maiden call. From the Miradouro da Graça in Lisbon, Silversea’s guests will look out over Portugal’s capital city and reflect on their adventure.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE FARE?
Guests traveling aboard Silver Shadow for the Grand Voyage Mediterranean 2021 will benefit from the following inclusions:
- Roundtrip economy-class air*
- $1,000 onboard credit (per guest)
- Exclusive shoreside events
- Overnight accommodation (pre-voyage)
- Luggage service
- Complimentary laundry service
- Visa package**
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Private transfers
*Available from selected gateways/countries. Non-use air credit available for other countries.
**For USA, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia only.