Silversea launches a new collection of Grand Voyages for late 2020 and 2021, which includes three expedition cruise options. Silversea’s Grand Voyages offer extended journeys of up to 70 days with multiple overnight stays and a range of events.
Grand Voyages Include:
- Grand Australia 2020 – Sydney Round Trip – 30 Ports/3 Countries – October 31 to December 20, 2020 – Silver Muse embarks on a 51-day circumnavigation of Australia and New Zealand, plus pristine isles of Indonesia. Guests wil have the opportunity to snorkel through Australia’s UNESCO World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef, witness the dragons of Komodo Island, cruise the fjords of New Zealand’s Fiordland National Park, and discover sacred temples in Bali. Moreover, in Tasmania, Silversea’s guests will enjoy the opportunity to learn about the truffle industry from a local farmer, before trying their hands at truffle hunting, as part of an event at Burnie Truffle Farm. Early Booking Bonus fares start at $24,300 per guest.
- Grand South America 2021 – Fort Lauderdale Round Trip – 37 Ports/20 Countries – January 7 to March 17, 2021 – Silversea’s Silver Moon makes her inaugural visit to South America with a 70-day circumnavigation of its ports. Highlights include a crossing of the Panama Canal, cruising the Chilean fjords, extended stays in Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro, and a visit to the Falkland Islands for possible sightings of penguins. Capping off the itinerary are a host of Caribbean islands, including Barbados, Saint Lucia, Antigua, Puerto Rico, and more. The Grand South America 2021 voyage will unlock two experiences for guests: in Montevideo, Uruguay, guests will enjoy a winery tour and an authentic barbecue, following a 45-minute train journey through suburbs; while in San Juan, travelers will enjoy a personalized experience at one of the famous Bacardi Houses. Early Booking Bonus fares start at $25,920 per guest.
- Grand Southern Expedition 2021 – Ushuaia to Lautoka, Fiji – 26 Ports/8 Countries – January 30 to March 23, 2021 – Silver Cloud departs from Ushuaia on a 52-day exploration of such destinations as Antarctica, the Chilean fjords, Easter Island, and the exotic South Pacific isles. This extensive voyage is highlighted by contrasts — from snow-covered mountains, icebergs and glaciers to beaches. Along the way, guests will have the chance to visit Easter Island, meet the descendants of the HMS Bounty mutineers, and various other experiences. In Apia in Samoa, Silversea’s guests will enjoy a private dinner at Robert Louis Stevenson’s house. Early Booking Bonus fares start at $38,250 per guest.
- Grand Tropical Expedition 2021 – Lautoka, Fiji, to Cochin, India – 36 Ports/9 Countries – March 23 to May 14, 2021 – This 53-day journey aboard Silver Cloud offers the opportunity to visit Vanuatu’s Champagne Beach, witness the death-defying land divers of Pentecost Island, and come face to face with orangutans in their natural habitat at the UNESCO-listed Gunung Leuser National Park in Indonesia. Another highlight is Western Australia’s Kimberley Coast, with its waterfalls, Aboriginal rock art, and wilderness where crocodiles roam. Guests traveling on the Grand Tropical Expedition 2021 will travel deep into Singapore through an evening at the famous China Club Singapore, a members-only club on the 52nd floor of the Capital Tower, which offers sweeping views of the cityscape. Early Booking Bonus fares start at $33,660 per guest.
- Grand Northern Expedition 2021 – Cochin, India, to Tromsø, Norway – 47 Ports/15 Countries – May 14 to July 16, 2021 – Silver Cloud sets course from Cochin, India, to Tromsø, Norway, with this 64-day journey through ancient Asian trading routes and outposts of Western civilization. Guests will uncover such antiquities as the Egyptian temples of Luxor, the Roman amphitheater of Thysdrus in Tunisia, and the sanctuary of Apollo at Delphi in Greece. They will have the chance to visit WWII beaches in Normandy, walk part of Spain’s Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route and stroll the monastery of Mont St-Michel, before continuing to Norway’s North Cape and the Svalbard archipelago. Guests traveling on the Grand Northern Expedition 2021 will also gain access to the walkway of London’s Tower Bridge for a private dinner. Early Booking Bonus fares start at $35,730 per guest.
Grand Voyage Benefits
Silversea’s guests enjoy ocean-view suites, the personalized service of a butler, and a selection of all-inclusive shipboard amenities, including a complimentary selection of wines, premium spirits, specialty coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks; an in-suite bar stocked with guests’ preferences; an in-suite 24-hour dining service; lecture and enrichment programs; roundtrip transportation into town (in most ports); and inclusive onboard gratuities (exclusive of spa treatments).
Grand Voyage guests will also benefit from the following special inclusions and savings:
- Complimentary or reduced airfares from select airports
- Charter flight to Ushuaia (Grand Southern Expedition only)
- Transfers between airport/hotel and ship (expedition Grand Voyages only)
- $1,000 Onboard Spending Credit (per guest)
- Pre-cruise overnight hotel stay
- At least one exclusive shoreside event
- All Expedition Team-led shore excursions and activities (expedition Grand Voyages only)
- Silver Shore Baggage Valet between home and ship (not available on expedition Grand Voyages)
- Laundry service
- Complimentary visa service (for USA, Canada, UK, Germany and Australia)
- Complimentary premium Wi-Fi (limited Internet access in Antarctica and Svalbard regions)
- Special commemorative expedition gear (expedition Grand Voyages only)
- Limited-time 10% Early Booking Bonus