The newly modernized Celebrity Equinox is officially ready to sail the Caribbean. Celebrity Equinox is the third ship to be “revolutionized” as part of Celebrity Cruises’ $500 million investment in ship-wide upgrades.
On the transformed Celebrity Equinox, Caribbean cruisers will enjoy enhancements that include:
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, including The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive sun-soaked hideaway, and The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club)
- Qsine (formerly Silk Harvest) will feature both the brand-exclusive Le Petit Chef and Friends and the original Le Petit Chef, two dining experiences developed in partnership with TableMation and Skullmapping that bring the tabletop to life using innovative 4k technology
- A completely reimagined Passport Bar, perfect for mixing and mingling before and after dinner
- A new creation, Craft Social (formerly Gastrobar), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers, wine and cocktails on tap, comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs, and leather seating
- Refreshed staterooms and suites ship-wide featuring Celebrity’s eXhale bedding collection with king-sized Cashmere mattresses
- The launch of a new partnership with the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, featuring S.T.E.M.-focused activations and programming offered as part of Camp at Sea for young cruisers
- The interactive programming focuses on two science topics – one on the identification of and solutions related to microplastics and another on the importance and diversity of plankton to the Earth’s oceans and the environment
- Digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and Xcelerate Wi-Fi
- Guests will also now be able to experience the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, which enables smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys
- New treatments and products offered at The Spa by Canyon Ranch, including three new Signature Couples’ treatments, Dyson Supersonic blow-outs at the Canyon Ranch Blow-Out Bar, Mink and Rapid Lash services, and new customized facials by Reveal Machine, among others
- Retail offerings including John Hardy Boutique, Kate Spade, and a new watch boutique featuring Shinola, Hublot, and other Swiss watch brands
Celebrity Equinox’s bow-to-stern modernization began on May 4, 2019, in Cadiz, Spain. There, the ship spent a total of 29 days in the hands of more than 500 engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the newbuild and Celebrity teams.
Celebrity Equinox is just the third revitalization for the brand. Celebrity Silhouette is next, scheduled for completion on January 31, 2020, with five more ships to be modernized by 2023.