Scenic Eclipse unveiled a first look at the technology and interior of its custom-designed Scenic Neptune submarine. The submarine is capable of diving to a depth of 980 feet with seating for up to six guests plus the pilot.
Scenic Neptune key design and innovative features include:
- Up to eight dives per day at speeds of up to three knots.
- The design meets international design standards and provides comfort, space, and style, with maximum legroom and headroom while minimizing overall weight and size.
- Scenic Neptune’s acrylic spheres are constructed from a material which has the same refraction index as seawater, therefore it visually disappears underwater and provides a very open and spacious feeling with a viewing field that nearly encircles the guest.
- Controls are designed for ease of management with the standard UIS (U-Boat Worx Information System) and display all pertinent information to the pilot via a large touchscreen monitor.
- Internal climate control and a surround sound music system form part of the fine detailing, together with a guest-focused structure to facilitate ease of boarding and disembarking.
- The unique design consists of three-person sphere glass pods on the front and at the back of the submarine, allowing for six guests plus the pilot, who is located between the two pods, behind the guests. The seats are mounted on platforms that swivel 280 degrees to allow near panoramic viewing without the need to turn the submarine.
- Strong exterior lights showcase the hidden colors of the deep as well as details of wrecks and other underwater sights.
- Each U-Boat Worx submarine is designed, built and tested to the highest standards and certified by the leading classification organization, DNV GL.
- Multiple safety features are incorporated at every stage and include features such as automatically resurfacing in the unlikely event of a power outage.
- All U-Boat Worx submarines have been designed to ensure total stability while at the surface. Its decks provide easy and safe access for passengers. Ergonomically designed handles and supports make the boarding procedures of U-Boat Worx submersibles very efficient.
- Each submersible can be towed at speed or travel under its own power on the surface. Irrespective of sea conditions, U-Boat Worx submersibles maintain full responsiveness and power at all times, making docking alongside another vessel much easier.
Based in the Netherlands, U-Boat Worx is the world’s largest manned submersible manufacturer. For more than 12 years they have delivered private submersibles to a variety of individuals and organizations, culminating in one of the largest fleets worldwide.
Scenic Neptune activities are dependent upon conditions, incur additional costs, and are subject to availability.
The first sailing of Scenic Eclipse will be August 15, 2019 – an Iceland & Atlantic Canada sailing from Reykjavik to Quebec, followed by sailings down the eastern seaboard of North America.