Celebrity Summit’s bow-to-stern transformation began on February 17, 2019, in Freeport, Grand Bahama. It spent a total of 31 days in the hands of thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, and members of the Celebrity team who all worked together in the modernization of the ship.
When updating staterooms and suites, every detail was thought through, with guest comfort at the forefront. Celebrity collaborated with renowned international hospitality firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms, while turning to famed designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE, to refresh the gorgeous suites and bring The Retreat to Celebrity Summit.
Enhancements made to the staterooms and suites include:
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA and refreshed suite design by Kelly Hoppen
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms
- An all-new exclusive open-air hideaway – known as The Retreat Sundeck – for suite guests designed by Hoppen, featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge – formerly Michael’s Club – an exclusive 24/7 lounge for suite guests designed by Hoppen, offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, and concierge service
- A total of 30 new staterooms, including 13 new AquaClass Staterooms, seven new Ocean View Staterooms, and 10 new Inside Staterooms
In collaboration with New York hospitality design firm BG Studio International the brand revealed:
- A transformed Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and globally inspired culinary offerings
- A revitalized Main Dining Room with more seating and updated fixtures, including the ceiling design featuring interlocking metal rings and lighting
- A reimagined Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of seating options for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
- A reimagined Rendezvous Lounge, perfect for hosting events and entertainment from day to night.
Guests will find enhancements across the ship including:
- Xcelerate Wi-Fi throughout the ship, and the addition of RFID lock technology with digital key
- Boutiques including Shinola, John Hardy, and TAG Heuer
- A new, wellness-focused spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea, transforming the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center, and locker rooms
- A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center for personal training and consultations
- An enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite, where therapeutic spaces and experiences, such as Turkish bath, infrared sauna, and salt therapy
- An enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery, plus a new design for The Casino both in partnership with HBA
- A redesigned Casino Bar, poised to be one of the most exciting places aboard to celebrate
Read my review of the newly reimagined Celebrity Summit next week.