My November 2018 voyage on Silver Cloud marked my third trip to Antarctica. In 2013, I cruised on Silver Explorer between Ushuaia and Antarctica. In a recap of that voyage, I outlined four reasons that my Silver Explorer voyage to Antarctica was so memorable to me. Mine are perhaps reasons for you to consider planning your own voyage to Antarctica. In 2015, I returned to Antarctica on Seabourn Quest, which I recapped through a photo a day. The photos, as well as our award-winning video, may prove useful for those of you trying to get a sense of what to expect on an Antarctic cruise.
Below, I’ve included links to reports from my November 2018 cruise on Silver Cloud. If you are researching your own trip to Antarctica, you may also want see Antarctica Cruises: The Cost Of Cruising The White Continent, Our Per Diems Chart (Updated October 2018), Antarctica Cruises 2019: What’s Included? and Antarctica Cruises: 14 Days & Longer, Our Per Diems Chart (Updated December 2018).
- Prelude: A Cruise Like No Other, Antarctica On Silver Cloud
- The Menu: An Antarctic Voyage On Silversea, A Veritable Feast
- The Aperitif: An Antarctic Voyage On Silversea: South America & Points Further South, Part Two
- The Appetizer: An Antarctic Voyage On Silversea: Part Three, A Crossing To The Falklands
- An Antarctic Voyage On Silversea: Part Four, Intermezzo, The Drake Passage
- An Antarctic Voyage On Silversea: Part Five, The Main Course, Antarctica
- An Antarctic Voyage On Silversea: Part Six, The Main Course Continued, Antarctica
- An Antarctic Voyage On Silversea: Dessert, Antarctica & Points Further North
- An Antarctic Voyage On Silversea: Cheese Plate, Our Antarctic Voyage Comes To An End