Seabourn is announcing a new pre-cruise opportunity for guests to explore western Canada during the upcoming 2019 season in Alaska and British Columbia through the UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Seabourn Journeys package. Guests will experience the Canadian Rockies, the UNESCO World Heritage site of Banff National Park and Lake Louise, including two days on a rail journey in a glass-domed coach.
The seven-day land program is designed along the lines of other pre- and post-cruise Seabourn Journeys around the globe, offering experiences of local culture, history, and natural wonder with transportation and accommodations at hotels and restaurants included. This Seabourn Journey is available in conjunction with select departures for the 2019 Alaska and British Columbia cruises on board Seabourn Sojourn.
Highlights of the weeklong UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Journey include:
- Take a scenic drive by motorcoach through the Canadian Rockies to Banff, with sights along the way including Hoodoos rock formations, Tunnel Mountain Drive, and Surprise Corner.
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Banff and Yoho National Parkson on a full-day guided tour to destinations such as Lake Louise, Takakkaw Falls, Spiral Tunnels in Kicking Horse Pass, and Emerald Lake, the largest of Yoho’s 61 lakes and ponds.
- Tap a Seabourn Journey Escort to plan a day of touring on your own in Banff National Park with activities including shopping on Banff Avenue, the Banff Museum, hot mineral springs, and more.
- Ride the rails deep into the heart of the Canadian Rockies with two days through canyons, valleys, and the coast of British Columbia onboard Rocky Mountaineer. Guests will travel in a bi-level, glass-domed GoldLeaf Service coach and be entertained by historic storytelling from hosts.
The UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Seabourn Journeys package is available on the following voyages from Vancouver:
- June 7, August 20, 2019: 11-day sailings from Vancouver to Anchorage (Seward)
- July 2 and September 14, 2019: 12-day roundtrip cruises from Vancouver
Seabourn’s 2019 Alaska and British Columbia season will include a series of 11-, 12- and 14-day voyages between June and October 2019. Itinerary highlights include:
- Ultimate Alaska Sojourn – An 11-day voyage northbound from Vancouver, British Columbia to Anchorage (Seward), Alaska. Three departures from June to August will feature Ketchikan, Sitka, Haines/Skagway, and Juneau, as well as scenic cruising to Tracy/Endicott Arm and Misty Fjords. Departures June 7, July 14, August 20.
- Ultimate Glacier & Fjord Adventure – A 14-day sailing southbound from Anchorage (Seward), Alaska to Vancouver, British Columbia. Three departures from June to September will begin with cruising of the Kenai Fjords and Aialik Glacier before visiting Alaska’s marquee ports and adding Prince Rupert and the First Nations villages of Klemtu and Alert Bay in British Columbia’s Inside Passage. Departures June 18, July 25, August 31.
- Ultimate Alaska & Inside Passage – A 12-day round-trip Vancouver voyage sailing four times between July and September. These voyages visit Sitka, Ketchikan, Wrangell, and Juneau in Alaska and traverse the beautiful Canadian Inside Passage to Prince Rupert, Klemtu, and Alert Bay en-route back to Vancouver. Departures July 2, August 8, September 14, September 26.