Silversea Cruises opens bookings to the general public for 191 new voyages, which will unlock 572 destinations in 84 countries from summer 2020 into winter 2021.
Included for practically all voyages in the new collection, complimentary round-trip economy-class flights and transfers will simplify the travel experience for guests. The new addition will enable guests to travel the world with complete peace of mind: a smooth end-to-end service will make for a seamless connection and full protection covers guests against unforeseen mishaps. Also available are business-class air upgrades from as low as $199 each way. For guests not utilizing the air offer, an air credit is available. Exceptions and market-specific conditions may apply.
Highlights of the collection will include:
- Enhanced options in Northern Europe will comprise four ships and 29 voyages: in Iceland, Silversea will offer more immersive experiences on both classic and expedition voyages, including a 9-day circumnavigation aboard Silver Wind, departing Reykjavik on June 29, 2020; in the British Isles, extended programs will unlock more experiences, with voyages departing from Tower Bridge; while an exciting new North Sea Capitals voyage will offer overnights in Oslo, Hamburg, Amsterdam, and London.
- New deep travel experiences in Alaska and the Russian Far East, with three ships and 21 voyages from which guests can choose. As in 2019, the cruise line’s flagship, Silver Muse, will spend a full summer deployed in Alaska in 2020. Silversea’s Silver Explorer will cruise in the Sea of Okhotsk, one of the least visited areas in the Russian Far East, on an 18-day voyage from June 2020
- A return to the Canary Islands on two voyages – departing April 16 and September 25, 2020 – and Istanbul on two different itineraries – departing May 30 and August 2, 2020.
- Maiden calls in El Hierro, Spain; Fishguard, Wales; Nordfjordeid, Norway; Siglufjörður, Iceland; Durres, Albania; Klaksvik, Faroe Islands; and Patreksfjordur, Iceland.
- An increased polar offering, with two ships and 10 voyages and 83 destinations in the Arctic, and 11 itineraries and 26 destinations in Antarctica (including East Antarctica and the Ross Sea).
- Voyages to New Zealand’s sub-Antarctic islands and Australia’s Macquarie Island (all UNESCO World Heritage Sites) will enable guests to view vast colonies of penguins and thousands of seals; visits to Churchill and Hudson Bay in Manitoba, Canada, will take guests to the ‘polar bear capital of the world’ and the home of the world’s largest beluga whale population; and concurrent crossings of the Northwest and Northeast Passages will unlock unique, life-defining experiences.
- Greater variety in the Mediterranean, with five ships and 54 voyages on offer, including a 37-day, 28-port grand voyage, and an extended Grand Prix voyage.
- An extended season in the Galápagos Islands.
- More overnights than ever before. Every voyage over seven nights in Europe and Canada & New England will feature an overnight.
An additional highlight of the new summer 2020 itineraries, Silversea’s Silver Moon will set sail on her inaugural voyage on August 6, 2020: the ship will depart Trieste, Italy, for Civitavecchia on an 11-day cruise. One of five Silversea ships in the region in the summer of 2020, she will cruise in the Mediterranean for her maiden season, until November, when she will cross the Atlantic to Fort Lauderdale.