Windstar Cruises’ 2019 Europe program has many options for travelers to explore Europe, with itineraries ranging from the Baltic to Iceland to the islands of the Mediterranean. The line is adding new itineraries its 2019 European collection of sailings and will offer 163 ports of call. Windstar will also feature 26 Star Collector Voyages for Europe in 2019. These journeys range from 14 days to 51 days. Booking is now open for Europe 2019 with itineraries starting at $2,399 per person.
The small ships of Windstar Cruises are able to call at ports like Edinburgh, Cork and Harlingen; docking in the heart of St. Petersburg and Venice allows Windstar guests freedom to explore at will.
“At Windstar we are constantly seeking out new experiences and lesser known ports — hidden treasures that only true small ships can access — to provide curated sailings with custom offerings designed specifically for smaller groups,” said Windstar President John Delaney. “We added 20 new itineraries in Europe in 2018, so our 2019 season reflects some fine tuning from what our customers have taught us about what they like and what they want to see more of. We are excited to offer even more new itineraries for exploring the region in 2019 and are certain that we will be giving our loyal guests and the well-traveled new reasons to return to Europe.”
In the Mediterranean, six new itineraries will debut in 2019 giving travelers options for experiencing the Mediterranean and Adriatic in-depth, and several itineraries will once again transit the Corinth Canal that divides the Peloponnese from the Greek mainland.
New itineraries include:
- Mediterranean Island Hopping Adventures (10 days) – Guests will voyage from Barcelona to Athens aboard Wind Surf.
- Antiquities of the Adriatic & Greece (8 days) – Travelers will cruise from Athens to Venice aboard Wind Surf.
- Artists & Idols of Iberia (10 days) – This Iberian cruise aboard Star Breeze gives guests a chance to explore Portugal, Morocco, Gibraltar, and Spain.
- Corinth Canal & Western Epicenters of the Ancient World (10 days) – This exploration aboard Star Pride retraces ancient trade routes for an adventure that incorporates ancient history and ruins.
- Secrets of Croatia & Greece via the Corinth Canal (8 days) – This voyage aboard Star Pride will travel from Venice to Athens by way of Slovenia, Croatia, and Montenegro, with the Corinth Canal transporting Star Pride to Athens.
- Star Collector: Grand Mediterranean (51 days) – This exploration of the Mediterranean combines the new Barcelona to Athens and Athens to Venice itineraries on Wind Surf plus much more as it makes its way from Iberia, around Italy, down the Adriatic, through the Greek Isles to the western coast of Turkey and back.
Highlights of the season include:
- Tapestries, Towers & Tarte Normande: Europe’s Atlantic Edge (8 days) – A voyage from Lisbon to Amsterdam or Portsmouth to Lisbon aboard Star Breeze.
- Around Iceland (7 days) – A seven-day circumnavigation from Reykjavik to Reykjavik aboard Star Breeze.
- Lands of the Midnight Sun (10 days) – A journey from Copenhagen to Reykjavik or Reykjavik to Edinburgh aboard Star Breeze.
Star Collector Voyages
Star Collector Voyages combine Windstar itineraries to give guests an opportunity to explore each region on longer sailings. Sailing for 13+ days with few repeated ports, it is an exciting way to discover the world. Free laundry is offered onboard; Windstar also offers 10 percent off pre-booked beverage packages.
There are 26 Star Collector Voyages available in Europe in 2019, ranging from 14 days to 51 days.