Seabourn has highlighted Seabourn Sojourn’s 146-day World Cruise beginning January 4, 2020 in Miami and ending in San Francisco on May 28. The ship will visit many destinations around the world, including the Caribbean, Africa, India, Arabia, Southeast Asia, Indonesia, Australia & South Pacific, and Hawaii. Seabourn Sojourn will depart Miami on January 4, 2020, and travel eastbound, arriving in San Francisco on May 28, 2020.
“The World Cruise on Seabourn Sojourn will be an extraordinary journey, offering guests a trip of a lifetime with many unique experiences and unforgettable adventures as they sail to so many far off destinations,” said Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales. “This is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in a world of fascination, culture, and people while our gracious crew makes you feel at home aboard the world’s finest resort at sea.”
Seabourn Sojourn will cross three great oceans and stop at 62 ports in 36 countries on five continents throughout the course of the sailing. The voyage will include 16 overnights in port, and linger into the late evening another 18 times. There will be several exclusive world cruise events planned, as well as local shows, regional cuisines, and wines for guests to enjoy as they sail around the globe.
A sampling of destination highlights includes:
- Dakar, Senegal (overnight) – The Parisian-style boulevards of Dakar reflect its history as the center of French West Africa. The Musée Théodore Monod displays artifacts from the indigenous cultures, while the old slavers’ fortress on Gorée Island tells a different tale. The old capital of Saint-Louis is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Mombasa, Kenya (two overnights) – Seabourn Sojourn will visit this Swahili city for three days, allowing guests to explore its markets, the 16th-century Portuguese Fort Jesus, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and opt for safari tours to several of Kenya’s game parks on overland extensions. Other options include snorkeling the coral reefs at Mombasa Marine National Park, swimming at Diani Beach, or shopping for crafts at the community-run Bombolulu Workshop.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (overnight) – The ship sails up the Saigon River right to the heart of this former French colonial capital, offering travelers doorstep access to its Parisian-style boulevards and shopping streets. The overnight stay allows more time to explore the city’s colorful market on a Shopping with the Chef tour and also discover the “rice bowl” farming region on a full-day river tour in the Mekong Delta.
- Cairns, Queensland, Australia (overnight) – Sailing down the Queensland coast, guests will pass into Great Barrier Reef. Two days at Cairns provides time to explore its subaquatic ecosystem, teeming with vividly colored tropical fishes, as well as the nearby, primeval Daintree Rainforest National Park, both of which are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
The line has planned an array of optional shore excursions in more than 20 ports with designated UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The world cruise will also feature several optional, mid-voyage overland excursions where guests will disembark at one port and rejoin the ship at another port, providing them with a more in-depth experience at certain destinations and sites, such as safari parks and game reserves in Kenya and South Africa, the Taj Mahal in India, and UNESCO World Heritage sites in Cambodia and Australia. Also available are optional Seabourn Journeys offering guests an immersive longer pre- and post-cruise land-based excursion to and from select destinations such as Cape Town, Singapore, and Sydney.
North American guests who book the full 146-day voyage by May 31, 2019 will receive complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
- Roundtrip Domestic First Class Air
- US$2,000 Shipboard Credit per person
- US$3,000 Shipboard Credit per person for Penthouse and Premium Suites
- Unlimited WiFi
- Private car transfers door-to-door from your home
- Personal Valet luggage shipping service between home and ship in Miami and San Francisco
- Unlimited Laundry and Dry Cleaning on board
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay prior to departure in Miami
- Three exclusive World Cruise events
- Visa package
- Special World Cruise pillow gifts
For guests who cannot sail on the entire 146-day voyage, shorter segments ranging from 30 to 116 days are also available.