There’s good reason to book a cruise with ultra-luxury line Silversea: from now until June 30, 2015, new bookings made with the line on select itineraries can benefit from Silversea’s latest Silver Select promotion.
Spanning the line’s classic and luxury expedition voyages, these new Silver Select perks include a two category suite upgrade, a $1,000 per suite Onboard Spending Credit (classic fleet only) that can be used for shore excursions, spa treatments, and specialty restaurants; or a full 50 percent off a second suite – great for friends and family get-togethers.
The Onboard Spending Credit is only available as an option on the line’s classic fleet because the expedition fleet simply doesn’t need it: excursions ashore are included on the line’s three expedition ships that include Silver Explorer, Silver Galapagos, and Silver Discoverer.
“Our new Silver Select promotion offers an array of generous savings opportunities, each providing outstanding value. You might choose to treat yourself to a larger suite, or indulge in extensive personal pampering at the onboard spa. Plus, the option of a second suite at 50% off provides incomparable savings. This is the perfect time to invite family and friends to vacation with you, almost anywhere in the world, sharing in the extraordinary benefit of a separate suite at half price,” said Kristian Anderson, Silversea’s senior vice president and general manager for the Americas.
Some of the voyages that are available for this promotion:
- Silver Cloud Oceangoing Voyage 1535: Mombasa to Cape Town, 16 Days, December 20, 2015 – January 5, 2016
- Silver Discoverer Expedition Cruise 9516: Vancouver to Seward, 12 Days, July 20 – August 1
- Silver Shadow: Oceangoing Voyage 3524: Vancouver to Seward, 7 Days, August 27 – September 3
- Silver Explorer Expedition Cruise 7518: Reykjavik to Kangerlussuaq, 12 Days, August 15 – 27
- Silver Discoverer Expedition Cruise 9519B: Kobe to Keelung, 11 Days, September 11 – 22
- Silver Shadow Oceangoing Voyage 3531: Singapore to Hong Kong, 12 Days, November 10 – 22
- Silver Spirit Oceangoing Voyage 5535: Fort Lauderdale (roundtrip), 10 Days, November 24 – December 4
- Silver Wind Oceangoing Voyage 2535: San Juan to Fort Lauderdale, 11 Days, December 11 – 22
- Expedition Cruise 8528: Baltra (roundtrip), 7 Days, July 11 – 18
- Expedition Cruise 8532: Baltra (roundtrip), 7 Days, August 8 – 15
- Expedition Cruise 8538: Baltra (roundtrip), 7 Days, October 10 – 17
- Oceangoing Voyage 5520: Istanbul (roundtrip), 7 Days, July 20 – 27
- Oceangoing Voyage 5530: Istanbul to Athens, 9 Days, October 7 – 16
- Oceangoing Voyage 5532: Athens to Rome, 7 Days, October 26 – November 2
- Oceangoing Voyage 2529: Rome to Istanbul, 10 Days, October 2 – 12
- Silver Explorer Expedition Cruise 7523: Guayaquil to Valparaiso, 14 Days, October 19 – November 2
- Expedition Cruise 9522: Papeete (roundtrip), 10 Days, October 25 – November 4
- Expedition Cruise 9525: Honiara to Auckland, 12 Days, December 7 – 19
There’s some standard, boilerplate disclaimers that go along with this promotion, but they’re pretty basic. Silver Select is a capacity-controlled program and subject to availability – naturally. The $1,000 per suite Onboard Spending Credit applies regardless of the number of travellers in the suite, meaning it’s per suite, not per person. For guests wishing to book a second suite at fifty percent off, the second suite can be double or single occupancy and must be of equal or lesser value and booked on the same voyage as the first suite. It is worth noting that, for those wishing to book two suites, the deposit for both suites must be made by a single party.
If you’re in the market for a luxury cruise but haven’t decided quite where to go or who to sail on, Silversea’s latest Silver Select promotion is certainly an attractive one.
If you can’t make it in person, you’ll have a chance to tune in virtually this summer as both myself and my Avid Cruiser colleague Ralph Grizzle file two separate Live Voyage Reports from aboard Silversea‘s first expedition ship, Silver Explorer. In July, I will be sailing on one of Silversea’s Arctic Expeditions, Voyage 7514, from Tromso, Norway to Longyearbyen on a 10-night expedition to Arctic Svalbard. Ralph, meanwhile, will join a month later later on Voyage 7519: an Greenland Expedition that operates roundtrip from Kangerlussuaq. It’s a great chance to showcase the diversity of Silversea’s Arctic itineraries, which are made up of so much more than just snow, ice and polar bears.
We’ll have more information on both Voyage Reports in the weeks to come, and on future Silversea offers as they become available. In the meantime – why not do a little daydreaming?