While on Crystal Serenity this past July, I met a talented artist who sketches her impressions of destinations and of her experiences while cruising. She’s already one step ahead of Crystal Cruises, which began its “Begin A New Story” brand campaign this past spring. At the campaign’s core is the notion of the travel journal, a personal set of reflections, memories and mementos that travelers collect to remind themselves of their treasured vacation.
I was at the Acropolis on the day Valerie sketched her impressions of the ancient citadel and then dabbed her brushes into watercolors to create the piece in the photo below. As you can see, Valerie is a poet too. I encourage you to check out Valerie’s digital book on Shutterfly, using this link, and her website, Valerie Freeman Art.
Check out posts from the Crystal Serenity cruise at the links below:
- Summer Of Fun: Running Through Airports, The London Olympics, River Cruising In France, Traveling With Teens
- Son Shines In Summer: Winding Up Weeks Of Cruising On Crystal Serenity & Avalon Creativity
- Did Crystal Serenity Deliver? We Asked If Crystal Cruises Offers A Product Fit For A Teen?
- When Your Ships Calls In Civitavechhia Take The Train To Rome For €12, Return
- Crystal Cruises’ New Itineraries, An Early World Cruise Announcement & A Recap Of Our Cruise On Crystal Serenity – So Far
- A First In Recent History? Crystal Cruises Puts Three Years’ Of World Cruises On The Books At Once
- In 24 Pictures: Private Tours Often Provide The Best Value, Touring Positano & The Amalfi Coast, Plus A Spectacular Lunch
- For A Few Euros Less: From Sorrento To Pompeii On Our Own By Train
- Two Hours In Taormina: Serenity In Sicily
- Crystal Cruises’ New All-Inclusive: What’s Being Poured?
- Stairway To Heaven? 999 Steps To The Fortress Of Palamidi In Nafplion, Greece
- Explaining Crystal Cruises’ 12/9/7 Itineraries: Combo Itineraries & More Overnights
- Picture Postcard From Athens: A Day At The Acropolis
- On Crystal Cruises: Fit For A Teen? We Find Out As My 15-Year-Old And I Cruise The Med
- Avid Cruiser & Son Cruising Crystal Serenity, Fit For A Teen?