It has been a great summer for my 15-year-old son Alex and me. We flew to Istanbul on June 30 to cruise for 12-nights to Monte Carlo on Crystal Serenity. For the highlights, check out Did Crystal Serenity Deliver? We Asked If Crystal Cruises Offers A Product Fit For A Teen?
Afterward, we spent two nights in Strasbourg and another two nights in Paris before cruising along the Seine to Rouen — and back — on Avalon Waterways’ Creativity.
We finished that seven-day adventure this morning. I’ve included links to some of the great things we experienced on the river cruise that encompassed the arts, culture and history, and a surprising find at the D-Day Landing Beaches.
Alex flew home today. I flew to London, where my 17-year-old daughter joins me for a cruise from Southampton to Lisbon on Silver Whisper. Coverage of the luxury cruise will begin Thursday here on Avid Cruiser.
Until then, check out the highlights of our trip from Paris to Rouen and back on Avalon Creativity.
- In My Viewfinder: Conquering Richard The Lionheart’s Castle
- A Trip To The Landing Beaches & A Stunning Discovery At The American Cemetery
- In My Viewfinder: Roses & Ruins In Rouen, And A Young Lady Martyred & Remembered
- Monet, Monet, Monet: Impressions Of An Impressionist’s Gardens In Giverny
- In My Viewfinder: Two Overnights In Paris On Avalon Creativity
- In My Viewfinder: Cruising La Seine From Paris to Rouen Through Art & History On Avalon Waterways’ Creativity