Early this morning, Avalon Creativity pulled away from Port Javel, within sight of the Eiffel Tower, and began to meander along La Seine through the Parisian suburbs. Just after noon, we docked in Conflans Sainte-Honorine, where two complimentary excursions were offered, one a visit Auvers-Sur-Oise, a quaint village where Vincent Van Gogh lived and died, and the other to Napoleon and Josephine’s Château de Malmaison.
We chose to visit the chateau, captured below in a few photos from today’s visit.
Live Voyage Report
- Day 1: Cruising La Seine From Paris to Rouen Through Art & History On Avalon Waterways’ Creativity
- Day 2: Two Overnights In Paris On Avalon Creativity
- Day 3: Monet, Monet, Monet: Impressions Of An Impressionist’s Gardens In Giverny
- Day 4: Roses & Ruins In Rouen, And A Young Lady Martyred & Remembered
- Day 5: A Trip To The Landing Beaches & A Stunning Discovery At The American Cemetery
- Day 6: Conquering Richard The Lionheart’s Castle
- Day 7: Avalon Creativity Cruise Review: Seven Days On The Seine, Does Avalon Measure Up?