Yesterday, in the charming French town Le Andelys, Avalon Waterways docked within walking distance of Chateau-Galliard, built by Richard the Lionheart in only two years between 1196 and 1198. Alex and I hiked to the top for incredible views and a dose of ancient history. What follows is our day in photos.
Live Voyage Report
- Day 1: Cruising La Seine From Paris to Rouen Through Art & History On Avalon Waterways’ Creativity
- Day 2: Two Overnights In Paris On Avalon Creativity
- Day 3: Monet, Monet, Monet: Impressions Of An Impressionist’s Gardens In Giverny
- Day 4: Roses & Ruins In Rouen, And A Young Lady Martyred & Remembered
- Day 5: A Trip To The Landing Beaches & A Stunning Discovery At The American Cemetery
- Day 6: Conquering Richard The Lionheart’s Castle
- Day 7: Avalon Creativity Cruise Review: Seven Days On The Seine, Does Avalon Measure Up?
Yes, Ralph, Send Me Your Recommendations
Would you like my personalized recommendations for a cruise that's perfect for you? Fill out my form, and I'll do my best to help you.