Silversea Cruises announces a collection of holiday cruise offerings for those considering adding a new tradition to this special time of year. Highlighting the onboard ambiance for these voyages will be festive decorations, parties, menus and entertainment. With the exception of expedition cruises, clergy will be on board to conduct religious services, including a rabbi for Hanukkah. Plus distinguished guest lecturers and destination experts will also be on hand to host enlightening presentations.
And with “Passport to Luxury” Onboard Spending Credits of up to $1,000 per suite offered on these holiday voyages, guests might choose to indulge in a little extra pampering in the spa or use their credit toward a host of other options, including any Silver Shore excursions (none are excluded), premium selections from the Connoisseur’s List of wines and spirits, specialty restaurant dining fees, and/or purchases in the Internet Café and onboard boutiques.
Following voyages in 2011 offer the perfect setting for celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah or the New Year:
- VOYAGE 4137: Santiago to Fort Lauderdale, Silver Whisper, 17 Days, December 20 – January 6. Calls in Coquimbo, Arica, Matarani, Callao (Lima), Salaverry, Manta, Puerto Limón and Key West. Highlights include $1,000 “Passport to Luxury” Onboard Spending Credit, a crossing of the Panama Canal and overnight stay in Callao. Guest Lecturers: Adrian Sindall, former British ambassador, and Dr. Carolyn Dudek, associate professor of political science. Silver Savings fares start at $8,398.
- VOYAGE 5138: Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale, Silver Spirit, 14 Days, December 20 – January 3. Calls in Grand Turk, Antigua, Bequia, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Bart’s, Virgin Gorda and Key West. Highlights include $500 “Passport to Luxury” Onboard Spending Credit. Guest Lecturers:Rick McKay, award-winning filmmaker, and Dr. Jay Wolff, historian and destination expert. Silver Savings fares start at $7,423.
- VOYAGE 3134: Sydney to Auckland, Silver Shadow, 15 Days, December 21 – January 5. Calls in Melbourne, Hobart, Stewart Island, Dunedin, Picton, Napier and Tauranga. Highlights include $1,000 “Passport to Luxury” Onboard Spending Credit, overnight stay in Melbourne and cruising through the Milford and Dusky sounds. Guest Lecturers: Richard Tallboys, former British ambassador, and Dr. Lew Deitch, destination consultant.Silver Savings fares start at $8,398.
- VOYAGE 1131: San Diego to Fort Lauderdale, Silver Cloud, 16 Days, December 22 – January 7. Calls in Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas, Acapulco, Puntarenas, San Blas Island and Cartagena. Highlights include $1,000 “Passport to Luxury” Onboard Spending Credit and a crossing of the Panama Canal. Guest Lecturers: Lawrence Rudner, former professor and aerospace engineer, and Michael Freedland, journalist, broadcaster and author.Silver Savings fares start at $6,438.
And guests can enjoy a traditional American Thanksgiving feast on November 24 aboard all Silversea voyages, including:
- VOYAGE 4134: Fort Lauderdale to Rio de Janeiro, Silver Whisper, 18 Days, November 8 – 26. Calls in St. Thomas, St. Bart’s, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Devil’s Island, Belém, Fortaleza, Salvador de Bahia and Buzios. Highlights include $1,000 “Passport to Luxury” Onboard Spending Credit. Guest Lecturers: Sir Alcon Copisarow, British public figure, Professor Jorge Heine, former Chilean ambassador, and Jon Fleming, destination consultant. Silver Savings fares start at $7,038.
- VOYAGE 2132: Athens to Dubai, Silver Wind, 16 Days, November 11 – 27. Calls in Alexandria, Sharm el Sheikh, Aqaba, Safaga, Muscat and Fujairah. Highlights include $1,000 “Passport to Luxury” Onboard Spending Credit, overnight stays in Aqaba and Safaga, plus the “Relais & Châteaux L’École des Chefs” interactive cooking school. Guest Lecturers: David Horner, historian, and Rick Senat, film industry expert. Silver Savings fares start at $7,918
- VOYAGE 5135: Barbados to Fort Lauderdale, Silver Spirit, 9 Days, November 23 – December 2. Calls in Bequia, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Bart’s, St. Maarten and Grand Turk. Highlights include $500 “Passport to Luxury” Onboard Spending Credit, and an overnight stay in St. Bart’s. Guest Lecturer:Dr. Dieter Galler, professor and world affairs expert. Silver Savings fares start at $3,638.