Many San Diego hotels are currently offering “Happy Deals” now through the end of summer with savings of up to 35% off already low room rates. Visitors can learn more about these offers and make reservations online at http://www.sandiego.org/happydeals.
Downtown Hotels Under $100
Budget travelers who want to stay close to the action in downtown San Diego can find room rates for less than $100 per night at the following properties.
- Built in 1924, 500 West is an affordable, European-style hostel hotel within easy walking distance to the historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and picturesque San Diego Bay. Rates start at $59 per night.
- The 75-room La Pensione in colorful Little Italy offers simple accommodations and a great location. All guest rooms feature hairdryers, refrigerators, TVs, phones and private bathrooms. Rates start at $75 per night.
- Located near beautiful Balboa Park, the 54-room Hotel Occidental offers affordable European-style accommodations. Rooms are available with or without private bathrooms; rates start at $49 per night.
Great Value, Beach Locations
Visitors wanting to stay at an affordable hotel in a great location near the Pacific Ocean may want to consider one of the following properties.
- The Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach in San Diego’s North County is a short drive to many neighboring hotspots, including LEGOLAND California and the Flower Fields of Carlsbad California. Visitors can wander through downtown Carlsbad, take in local art and music and stroll along picturesque Carlsbad beach. Rates start at $157 per night.
- Villa Capri by the Sea in Coronado is located directly across from the famous Hotel del Coronado and the Pacific Ocean. Its 14 charming units are clustered around a sun-drenched patio and heated swimming pool, where continental breakfast is served daily. Guests are within walking distance to Coronado’s fine restaurants and shops. Rates start at $159.50 per night.
- Located just 10 minutes from downtown San Diego in Pacific Beach on one of the city’s most popular beaches, the recently renovated Surfer Beach Hotel offers pet-friendly accommodations and retro-chic rooms, many with ocean view balconies. Rates start at $119 per night.
Always Affordable Mission Valley
Mission Valley is one of San Diego’s most affordable neighborhoods. Located just minutes from downtown San Diego, the area boasts many family-friendly budget hotels and easy access to all of the region’s major attractions.
- The Town and Country Resort & Convention Center offers five restaurants, four swimming pools and the luxurious Bella Tosca Day Spa, a 14,000-sq. ft. Mediterranean-style facility. Rates start at $129 per night.
- The Handlery Hotel & Resort offers complimentary shuttle service to local attractions, a heated outdoor swimming pool and the adjacent 27-hole championship Riverwalk Golf Club. Rates start at $109 per night.
- The AAA Three Diamond Comfort Suites Mission Valley offers a complimentary breakfast buffet, heated outdoor swimming pool and a video game room that kids love. Rates start at $99.95 per night.