I’ve just been looking over a press release about all the good cruise values being offered. There’s two-for-one pricing, kids sail free, early-booking offers — and more.
Personally, I think it’s a great time to latch on to some of the bargains and plan a get-away for the spring or summer. Following is a sampling of the offerings. Check with your cruise consultant. He or she may have even better value offerings.
- AMAWATERWAYS: Free airfare from the U.S. for nine European river cruise departures during April.
- Crystal Cruises: Up to $1,500 in savings on Mediterranean and Baltic cruises and up to 50 percent off on “Value Collection” cruise departures; in addition, guests who book most 2009 voyages by March 31 receive 20 percent off most sailings in 2010. Crystal also offers free one-way airfare for spring Panama Canal cruises, free air upgrades with most Europe cruises, and a “Crystal Family Memories Program” featuring one complimentary berth for every 10 full-fare berths. The line also features deposit reductions, relaxing of cancellation policies, and further savings on bookings 180 days in advance.
- Cunard Line: Transatlantic Crossings on Queen Mary 2 start at $795 per person, double occupancy. In addition, starting with Queen Mary 2’s April 26 Transatlantic voyage, guests can book a Queens Grill suite for the price of a Princess Grill suite when traveling on a six-day Crossing (subject to availability). Fares start from $3,545.00 per person, based on double occupancy.
- Disney Cruise Line: Guests 12 and under sail free on most three-night voyages aboard the Disney Wonder from March 12 through May 28.
- Holland America Line: A Vacation Stimulus Plan featuring low fares, 50 percent reduction on deposits and cruise tours; and 25 percent savings on the standard cancellation protection plan.
- Oceania Cruises: A 5th Anniversary Celebration of Savings features up to 72 percent off on selected 2009 European and 2010 Winter Season voyages as well as price reductions, shipboard credits, free air, two-for-one cruises and free prepaid gratuities on selected 2009-2010 winter cruises. Other savings include 25 percent single supplements and 50 percent reductions for third and fourth passengers in a cabin.
- Princess Cruises: “Balcony Bonanza” offers a balcony for the price of an oceanview stateroom – representing a savings of up to $1,200 per cabin. The Balcony Bonanza promotion applies to bookings made through February 28, 2009 on most 2009 summer sailings to Alaska, Europe and the Caribbean.
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises: Ultra-Inclusive voyages featuring free air, two for one fares and free shore excursions.
- Royal Caribbean International: $200 onboard credit for Alaska cruisetours, $300 onboard credit for Europe cruisetours, low fares, and 50 percent reduction in deposits.
- Seabourn Cruise Line: “Inaugural Celebration Savings” of $1,000 per suite on top of early booking savings of up to 50 percent on all seven-day Mediterranean cruises in 2009; “Inaugural Celebration Savings” of $1,500 per suite plus early booking savings of up to 45 percent on northern Europe/Scandinavia cruises; and a “Between Friends” savings of $1,500 in shore arrangements per couple for guests who book three suites.
- SeaDream Yacht Club: A “Cancel for any Reason” policy with no cancellation fees.
- Silversea Cruises: For 2009, there is an early booking incentive featuring discounts of up to 30 percent, plus an additional 5 percent in Advance Payment Bonus for those who pay in full six months prior to sailing; For 2010 voyages the early booking incentive climbs to as much as 35 percent, with an additional 15 percent for payments made one year prior to sailing.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises: A “Pay-In-Full” (by January 31, 2009) savings of up to $2,000 per couple on European itineraries; $600 savings per couple for booking and depositing by January 31; 2 for 1 air offers for all Europe, Russia, and Egypt river cruises departing in 2009; no single supplements for a variety of European itineraries; two for one pricing on 32-day Paris & Grand European Waterways itinerary.
- Windstar Cruises: 50 percent reduction in cruise deposits on all new bookings through February 28 for 2009 sailings; up to 50 percent savings on selected 2009 European sailings; and a family offer featuring a 50 percent reduction on the purchase of a second cabin.