Athens’ Metro is clean, efficient and cheap. Here’s how to get from the airport to the city center in 5 easy steps.
- From Athens International Airport arrivals hall, follow the signs for trains to reach the Metro station.
- Purchase a ticket at the Metro counter. Cost per person: 6 euros.
- Don’t forget to stamp your ticket before boarding. Stamping validates the ticket. Without validating, you risk being fined more than 100 euros..
- Grab a seat for the 45-minute journey. The Metro gets crowded after the first few stops.
- Travel 12 stops after boarding the metro to reach Syntagma, the city center.