Caribbean Cruise Line Reviews
Caribbean cruises are the most popular of all cruises, accounting for nearly 50 percent of cruise ship capacity placement. The extensive region, which is bounded by the South American coast, Central America, Mexico and North America, is made up of many nationalities, typically characterized by a laid-back, no-worries attitude.
Cruises in the Caribbean often visit three to six ports on a weeklong itinerary. Eastern Caribbean itineraries depart South Florida for visits that may include the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. John. Western Caribbean cruises vacation typically visit Key West, Mexico and either the Cayman Islands or Jamaica.
Deep or Southern Caribbean cruises may start in San Juan, Barbados, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and ports in New York and Florida, charting a course for the Leeward Islands and beyond. Southern Caribbean cruises visit the idyllic and diminutive islands from Antigua south to Trinidad, and along the northeastern coast of South America. These voyages offer cruisers port-intensive itineraries that take in some of the Caribbean’s lesser-known and most pristine islands.
Caribbean Cruise Line Reviews – Cruise lines generally offer two types of itineraries: one for those who enjoy the resort-type experience and another for those who love ports of call. Hence, some cruises offer sailings with at least a few days at sea. These are for people who like to plop themselves in a lounge chair in the sun, pull out a good book and relax. These cruises often depart South Florida.
Those who want to set foot ashore more often may find destination-intensive itineraries more satisfying. These typically depart from San Juan or the Southern Caribbean and take in a port a day so that you get a taste of the Caribbean.
Peak season in the Caribbean usually falls between January through March. Ships tend to fill faster during these months. Hurricane season is from June through November. Ships, however, can steer clear of these storms. The calmest months to cruise the Caribbean: April and May.
Also check our article on Holland cruise ships and vacations!
Caribbean Cruise Line Reviews
For Port Profiles, Shore Excursions and What To Do In Port, click on the destinations below.
Avid Cruiser Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring the Caribbean.
- On Live Voyage Reports: End Of A Cruise To Cuba And Back
- On Live Voyage Reports: Cuba Cruise, Rainy Day in Santiago de Cuba
- On Live Voyage Reports: Cruising Cuba, Holguin, Biran and Cigars
- On Live Voyage Reports: Cruising Cuba, A Day At Sea And A Look At Louis Cristal
- On Live Voyage Reports: Mojito Days, Havana Nights
- On Live Voyage Reports: Cuba Cruise, The Ultimate Private Island Experience
- On Live Voyage Reports: Cuba Cruise – First Day In Cuba
- On Live Voyage Reports: Cuba Cruise – Boarding Louis Cristal
- On Live Voyage Reports: Cruising Cuba – Arrival In Jamaica
- On Live Voyage Reports: Arriving Montego Bay, Friday Sailing To Cuba
- On Live Voyage Reports: This Week & Into Next, Cruising Cuba
- Europa 2 2014/2015 Brochure Introduces Four-Day Cruises, New Cruising Regions, Themed & Family Cruises
- Caribbean Cruising, Winter 2013/14, A Sampler Of Offerings
- Docked in Dominica, Silver Whisper
- Final Day at Sea Aboard Disney Magic
- Dropping Anchor in Cozumel Aboard the Disney Magic
- Grand Adventure in Grand Cayman
- Top Picks For Families Aboard Disney Magic
- In Galveston, Texas: Checking Into Hotel Galvez Before Boarding Disney Magic
- Caribbean Bound Aboard Disney Magic
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: Western Caribbean Cruises
- Follow Wallace Immen On His Next Adventure On Carnival Breeze
- Silver Whisper Looking Good In Dominica
- Silver Cloud Delivers An Exhilarating Day: River Tubing In Dominica
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: Big Ship Caribbean
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: Small-ship Caribbean
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 10
- Sibling Serenity Canal Day 6
- Doing The ABCs On Holland America Line’s Noordam, Conclusion
- Doing The ABCs On Holland America Line’s Noordam, Part III
- Doing The ABCs On Holland America Line’s Noordam
- On Nieuw Amsterdam, Cruising The Eastern Caribbean With Geoff Edwards
- On Carnival Liberty: Getting Wild About Harry’s
- Two Caribbeans: Which Suits You Best? Big Ship Or Small Ship?
- Carnival Liberty’s Day at the Cozu-mall
- Islands In The Stream: What Is Your Preference? Big Caribbean Island Or Small Island?
- On Carnival Liberty: Weird Potions and Wicked Comedy
- On Carnival Liberty: Can You Have Too Much Fun?
- Follow Me on the New Look Carnival Liberty
- The Caribbean’s Most Up and Coming Cruise Ports
- Seldom Cruised Caribbean Islands You Really Should See
- Big Ship? Small Ship? Which Is Better For Your Caribbean Cruise?
- Shipshape Means State of the Art in Cruise Line Refits
- Celebrity’s Solstice: Best Of The Big-Ship Class In The Caribbean?
- Snapshots: Roseau, Dominica From The Top Deck Of Silver Cloud
- Summing Up Silver Explorer: On Zodiacs, Adventures Ashore & Opportunities For You To Experience An Expedition, Silversea Style
- Want An Active Cruise? Crossing Bequia: Silver Explorer Guests Enjoy A Six-Mile Walk From The Caribbean To The Atlantic. A Cruise Even For Non-Cruisers?
- Want All-Inclusive Luxury? Silver Explorer Includes Shore Excursions. Ours Today: Dominica
- Good Morning Montserrat: Silver Explorer Calls Where Few Ships Do
- Beach Barbecue @Jost van Dyke On Silver Explorer
- Yes, It Is 5 o’clock Somewhere. Living The Good Life On A Luxury Expedition Cruise
- Departing Philipsburg Today On Silver Explorer: Me & The Ph.D.s
- Carnival Dream: Five Reasons Why Bigger Can Be Better
- Crystal Cruises Panama Canal: Join The Avid Cruiser February 23
- Celebrity Cruises FREE Stateroom Upgrades For Med Cruises
- 2011 Family Cruise Vacation Shopping Guide
- Big Shore Excursion Savings On Select Silversea Voyages
- Choose Your Cruise: Caribbean
- Curacao: The Caribbean Does Dutch
- Passports required, even to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean
- Cuba may soon be free, for travel
- Sea Dreaming
- A Picture Worth 1,000 Words
- Ship Inspection: Wind Surf
- Photos of Roseau, Dominica
- Sunny In St. Barts
- Celebrity’s Newest Ships to Cruise Europe
- The Perfect Mix of Sand and Sea
- Paradise Found: Cruise Line Private Islands
- The Sails Aren’t Just For Show
- Wind Surf’s Back to Back Caribbean
- Wind Surf’s Out-Of-The-Way Ports
- Checking In: Wind Surf’s New Suites