Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island is an amazing cruise destination. The island has been named one of the world’s most beautiful, with lots of activities on the water.
PEI connects to New Brunswick via the Confederation Bridge, the world’s longest bridge over ice-covered water, during the winters, of course.
As a cruise passenger, you’ll be visiting as I did, in the spring, summer or fall, when the weather is gorgeous.
Charlottetown itself is a charming city, with lots of great architecture and lots of history. The city is known as the birthplace of Canada.
One of the things I enjoy in Charlottetown is getting out on the water with the lobster fishermen.
I also enjoy paying a visit to the Prince Edward Island Preserve Company. I could spend a whole day here just sampling the preserves.
And who would want to leave Charlottetown without experiencing some of the region’s excellent lobster or world famous oysters?
And then there’s Anne of Green Gables. She’s fictional of course, but you’ll enjoy the beautiful farmhouse that inspired the story.
This is Ralph Grizzle reporting from Charlottetown and beautiful Prince Edward Island.
Avid Cruiser Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring Charlottetown.
- Fall Foliage, Canada-New England Cruises
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: Extended Canada & New England
- Looking For Something New? Cruising Atlantic Canada, Easy Access From New York And Boston
- Cruising Charlottetown, PEI
- Cruising Atlantic Canada: Halifax, Saint John, Sydney & Beyond
- Teaser For The Avid Cruiser Travel Series: Watch And Guess Where It Was Filmed
- Avid Cruiser Far & Wide: Ralph Grizzle Reports From Canada While Aaron Saunders Sails From Stockholm