One of the most important things that you have to learn about Saint John, New Brunswick is that it is not St. John’s, Newfoundland. After coming here for the first time, I wrote that every day is a fun day in the Bay of Fundy.
I enjoyed visiting the City Market. Built in 1876, it’s the oldest city market in North America.
I also enjoyed experiencing the power of the Bay of Fundy on a jet boat ride through the Reversing Falls. The jet boat plunges through rapids that are created by the world’s most dramatic tides. It’s an exhilarating experience.
Another place to experience nature is at Hopewell Rocks, home to the highest tides in the world.
In Saint John, I also enjoyed a kayak adventure. It was a great way to work up an appetite for my next activity.
The kayaking adventure was follow by a lobster bake on the beach, and was it ever delicious?
If you simply want to get out and hike, there are lots of national parks not far from Saint John. Fundy National Park is one of my favorites.
This is Ralph Grizzle reporting from Saint John, New Brunswick. Remember the name. You’ll love the experience.
Avid Cruiser Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring Saint John.
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: Extended Canada & New England
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: Classic Canada & New England
- Looking For Something New? Cruising Atlantic Canada, Easy Access From New York And Boston
- Cruising Saint John, New Brunswick
- Cruising Atlantic Canada: Halifax, Saint John, Sydney & Beyond
- Teaser For The Avid Cruiser Travel Series: Watch And Guess Where It Was Filmed
- Saint John Recommended Restaurants
- New Retail Opens in Uptown Saint John
- Old Tales and New Tunes Bring Martello Tower to Life
- When In Saint John
- New England and Canada Shore Excursions