Qaqortoq is not only a town with a monopoly on the letter “q” but also a place that’s fun to pronounce – Kwok A Tock, more or less.
Another fun name to produce Alibak Hard, my host in Qaqortoq. With a name like Alibak, you need a sense of good humor (look who’s talking, what could be worse than Ralph Grizzle?). He was both informative and entertaining, good for facts and for fun.
For more information, visit http://www.qaq.gl/
Articles About Qaqortoq
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: Greenland & Iceland
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: The Transatlantic Crossing
- Exploring Greenland, Iceland & the Faroes with Fred. Olsen
- Cruising Greenland: An Avid Cruiser Feature Video
- Qaqortoq, Greenland: Avid Cruiser Feature Video
- From Spain To Stockholm: Fred. Olsen’s Summer 2011 Lineup
- Voyage To The North Atlantic: Iceland & Greenland On mv Discovery, Plus The Faroe Islands