If all roads lead to Rome, then prepare for a wealth of options. Consider the Rome of Augustus and Caesar, filled with ancient structures that are still spectacular. Or Michelangelo and Da Vinci, whose work makes this city an artistic pilgrimage. Explore the seven hills, stop for an espresso by the Spanish Steps, sip a Chianti in a hidden piazza.
Of course, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and it’s just as impossible to see it all in a day, or even two. You will have to pick and choose your temples, residences, basilicas, churches, palazzi, piazzi, parks, museums and fountains.
Naturally, the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel top the list. For the most culturally significant sights, consider signing on for a tour, which provides all sorts of useful information and is often entertaining, too.
Avid Cruiser Posts, Photographs and Videos Featuring Rome (Civitavecchia).
- Crystal Serenity’s Modern Cuisine & Charges At The Sushi Bar
- On Live Voyage Reports: Silver Wind Mediterranean Day 1 – Rome, Italy
- When Your Ships Calls In Civitavechhia Take The Train To Rome For €12, Return
- Avid Cruiser & Son Cruising Crystal Serenity, Fit For A Teen?
- From Crystal Serenity: A Day Doing as the Romans Do
- In Florence: A Rare Antique Show in a Jewel Box
- Follow Me and See the New Look of the Crystal Serenity
- Airport Transfer: Civitavecchia To FCO
- NCL’s Top Ten Shore Excursions Worldwide