InterContinental Hong Kong
18 Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong | Tel: (852) 2721-1211
Cruise visitors can’t get any closer to the action than the InterContinental Hong Kong. Built over the edge of Victoria Harbor, the hotel offers spectacular views of Hong Kong Island and the lively activity happening on the water.
The InterContinental Hong Kong is located in Kowloon about 10 minutes from Ocean Terminal. Cruise guests can select from a variety of transportation options which offer convenient access to the property from Hong Kong International Airport or from the ship.
Unrivaled views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island
The InterContinental Hong Kong is a contemporary 17-story hotel. The focal point of the hotel lobby area is the sweeping 3-story high windows that offer panoramic views of Hong Kong Island and Victoria Harbour.
It’s all about the Feng Shui – A Perfect Balance of Yin & Yang
The InterContinental Hong Kong is designed to maximize the overall Feng Shui of the property thereby yielding good fortune and harmony. Experts have been consulted to make sure that attention has been given to every detail.
The legend of the “Nine Dragons of Kowloon” plays a big role in the layout of the hotels main entrance and lobby. The “Nine Dragons’ have special significance for InterContinental Hong Kong with its dramatic location on the Kowloon waterfront. According to legend, the nine dragons descend from the mountains at dawn to bathe in the harbour and at dusk to drink from the harbour. As dragons can magically pass through glass, the InterContinental Hong Kong’s Lobby provides an alluring pathway. This mythical procession has graced the hotel with exceptional good fortune and “Feng Shui”.
Make sure to ask the concierge or a member of the staff to explain some of the details. Nothing has been left to chance from the design of the lobby area, the details in the spa, to the placement of the furniture in the guest rooms.
Dine to your hearts content – Michelin Stars and Great Cuisine
- NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong features new-style Japanese cuisine of world-famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa.
- SPOON by Alain Ducasse – - Recipient of 1-Michelin Star in the 2011 Michelin Guide (Hong Kong & Macau), SPOON by Alain Ducasse features contemporary French cuisine inspired by Alain Ducasse.
- The Steak House wine bar + grill – Named one of the “World’s Top 10 Hotel Restaurants” by HOTELS Magazine (USA).
- Yan Toh Heen serves traditional Cantonese cuisine in a modern setting. Pay special attention to the beautiful jadeware at this 1-Michelin Star restaurant.
- Cable Car Ride
- Evening Harbour Cruise on Victoria Harbour
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Jade Market
- Knutsford Terrace
- Kowloon Park
- Lan Kwai Fong – trendy shops, restaurants and bars (close to hotel)
- Museum of History
- Ocean Park
- Stroll or jog along the Avenue of Stars (think boardwalk and Hollywood Walk of Fame)
- Wong Tai Sin Temple
Getting Around: Airport Transfers and Cruise Port
Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Distance 22.37 miles to hotel
- InterContinental Hong Kong has a fleet of Mercedes Benz S320 for Airport transfers. Contact the hotel to make arrangements.
Train – Airport Express
- Train Charge (one way): HK$100.00 (HKD). Time by train is 30 minutes.
- Subway Name: MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station
- Distance 0.25 miles from hotel
- Taxis are plentiful. A ride to the airport can cost about HK$300 for the ride.
Cruise Line Transfer
- Check with your cruise line if they offer a transfer to or from the hotel. This option is convenient for getting to the port from the airport but not the most ideal way to get to or from the hotel. The price for a cruise line transfer to or from the hotel is not a good value.