Join me live from San Pedro, the home of The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center.
I am excited because I am going to pop into the car and drive down to the Port of Los Angeles for a live report from the docks.
Today, two fantastic ships are ramping up to greet new cruisers: Disney Cruise Lines’ Disney Wonder and Cunard Line’s Queen Victoria.
Disney Wonder arrived in Los Angeles January 21st for a couple of days of preview cruises before setting off on her Winter 2011 Mexican Riviera itineraries. Today she will be in port for the second run at the popular Mexican Riviera.
Next to her in berths 91-92 will be Cunard Line’s Queen Victoria. It is here that I will focus my attention, as I am invited onboard for a little preview and a chat with Captain Inger Klein Olsen, the line’s first female captain. If you missed the video from Cunard Line’s President, Mr. Peter Shanks, click here to get up to speed with the Cunard Line buzz.
Stay tuned. Live tweeting from the ship via @CruiseBuzz on Twitter.
If you have a question about Cunard Line’s Queen Victoria, let me know.
Here are some of the basics I will be looking for today on Queen Victoria:
- Cunardia - museum display of maritime memorabilia and artifacts
- ConneXions – Internet Center
- Grand Lobby – the heart of the ship
- Children’s Programme – these facilities feature both inside and outside areas dedicated to children ages 1-12 years.
- Cunard Royal Spa & Fitness Centre
- Library - 6,000 titles catalogued. Inviting deor, rich mahogany, ornate spiral staircase and leather sofas
- Queens Room – fashioned after Queen Victoria’s much loved home, Osborne House. This is also where waiters orchestrate a white gloved serving of afternoon tea. And this is where the famous ballroom dancing takes place.
- Sports Deck - Ocean Liner games from shuffleboard to quoits part of the tradition.
- Royal Court Theatre – A West-End-style venue with private boxes.
- The Royal Arcade – shoppers paradise
- Winter Garden – grand conservatory, filled with greenery. A retractable glass roof even allows you to feel the warm sunshine on your face without setting foot outside.