– Cruise lines. Carnival (@CarnivalCruise), Princess (@PrincessCruises) and Lindblad Expeditions (@LindbladExp) already are old pros at using Twitter to announce new deals and onboard programs, while other lines such as Holland America (@HALCruises) and Cunard (@CunardLine) are just getting up to speed. Others on Twitter include Crystal Cruises (@crystalcruises), Silversea Cruises (@Silversea), Cruise West (@CruiseWest) Disney Cruise Line (@DCLNews), Azamara Cruises (@AzamaraCruises), Uniworld Cruises (@UniwordCruises)
– Cruise news and review sites. Almost all of the major online cruise news and review sites now are on Twitter including Cruise Critic (@Cruise_Critic), CruiseMates (@cruisemates), Anita Dunham-Potter’s Expert Cruiser (@ExpertCruiser), Cruise News Weekly (@CruiseGuide) and, of course, The Cruise Log (@CruiseLog).
– Cruise writers. Many of the big names in cruise writing have flocked to Twitter in recent months including Fodor’s cruise guide writer Linda Coffman (@CruiseDiva), Cruise Critic founding editor Anne Campbell (@ShipCritic), current Cruise Critic editor Carolyn Spencer Brown (@CruiseEditor) and Avid Cruiser editor Ralph Grizzle (@avidcruiser).
– Cruise travel agents. One of the best ways to keep track of emerging deals is to sign up for tweets from cruise agencies such as @cruisesource, @cruisebuzz, @montrosetravel, @JustCruises, @LuxuryCruising, @whitestarcruise, @CruiseMagic, @cruisetravelguy , @CruisePlan, @galapagostravel
– Cruise destinations. A growing number of port towns and islands, from Santorini (@mysantorini) to Barbados (@barbadostourism), are posting official updates for visitors and answering visitor questions on Twitter. In other cases, Twitter users will find passionate locals talking up their home ports and islands, such as St. Maarten’s @StMaartenInfo, or postings from editors and writers from local magazines and newspapers such as Barbados’ Ins & Outs of Barbados @InsOutsBarbados).
– Other cruise-related sites. Also on Twitter is everything from online cruise-related gift stores such as @Cruise_Gifts to shore excursion operators such as Mexico’s Vallarta Adventures (@vallarta_advent). Even ship museum’s such as Philadelphia’s Independence Seaport Museum (@phillyseaport) and the historic Queen Mary in California (@TheQueenMary) are tweeting.
In short, there’s something for just about every type of cruiser.