Crystal Symphony Ship Review
Crystal Symphony Overview
Built for Crystal Cruises in the mid 1990s and well looked after with frequent multi-million dollar facelifts, the 922-passenger Crystal Symphony is still a great ship after nearly two decades of service sailing around the world. Her public rooms and outdoor deck space are among the most expansive out there.
The atrium and main lobby is the ship’s main hub, with elegant boutiques and the buzzing Bistro cafe open to the atrium’s upper tiers.
Some of the most appealing spaces include the cozy, mahogany-paneled Avenue Saloon with its leather upholstery and romantic lighting. A popular meeting point is the Starlite Club with its eye-catching round bar and walls of sparkling Swarovski crystals. The Casino is appropriately covered in black and silver, while the Luxe nightclub is a cool spot with its polished aluminum Philippe Starck bar stools and glass Bisazza mosaics.
Dining On Crystal Symphony
Begin the evening at one of the two alternative, open-seating specialty restaurants; one serving fine Italian cuisine and the other high-end Asian fare, including sushi, under the guidance of famed chef Nobu Matsuhisa. See related video: Crystal Symphony’s Silk Road & Sushi Bar, But Is It A Real Nobu Experience?
There’s also a formal main dining room with dark wood paneling and abundant tables for two as well as several other casual venues. During dining hours, guests can also order from the full main dining room menu for in-stateroom delivery. See related video: Dining On Crystal Symphony, Perfect Choice, Prego & Other Options
A recent redesign added a huge whirlpool to the main deck, plus beautiful deck furniture and more alfresco dining space and seating.
Activities On Crystal Symphony
Guests can exercise on a large paddle-tennis court, play ping pong or hit some golf balls. There’s a roomy gym, a beauty salon and an impressive spa with a full menu of the latest treatments. One of the best spots anywhere on board is a chaise longue along the lovely tiered aft decks facing the ship’s wake. See related video: Crystal Cruises, Activities That Are Traditional, Tried & True? Or New & Fresh?
Staterooms & Suites On Crystal Symphony
Starting at 202 square feet (not including balconies), cabins are not as large as upscale lines like Silversea, Regent and Seabourn, but they’re well put together with features like Murano glass bedside lamps, Rubelli fabrics, and leather headboards. See related video: Interview With Guests About Crystal Symphony’s Deluxe Staterooms
Crystal Symphony’s deluxe staterooms also are on the smallish side when compared to similar accommodations on other luxury ships. That said, the larger ship platform allows for a wider breadth of facilities, such a spacious award-winning spa, the ever-popular Computer University@Sea, a wonderful round-the-ship promenade and more.
Standard amenities include a 20-inch LCD flatscreen TV, VCR, LED reading lights, stocked minibar and super comfy bedding, though closet space and bathrooms are a bit on the tight side. The ship’s top penthouses boast full-fledged oceanview Jacuzzis in their living rooms, Oriental rugs and entertainment centers and newly added perks like Philippe Starck bathtubs. See related video: Crystal Symphony, A Video Walk-Through Of Its Staterooms & Suites
As Crystal Cruises continues to invest in Symphony, the ship keeps pace with the times, rivaling newer ships. But perhaps what most distinguishes the Symphony is not the hardware component itself but the software, the 545 staff and crew who serve 940 guests. Crystal’s crew is the real reason that the company has consistently been named “World’s Best Large-Ship Cruise Line” by the readers of Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler magazines — the only cruise line, resort or hotel to have achieved such distinction.
Crystal Cruises ReviewsTo read a review of a particular ship, click the link under "Read the Review." If applicable, our Live Voyage Reports offer a day-by-day overview of an actual cruise onboard. In some cases, there may be more than one report, to be sure to see if your favorite destination is represented.
|Ship Review||Live Voyage Report|
|Crystal Serenity Review|
|Crystal Symphony Review|
|Crystal Esprit Review|
Search all Crystal Cruises articles on Avid Cruiser.
- Crystal Cruises: The Line With The Plan
- Crystal Cruises Expansion, What’s To Come For The Next 25 Years?
- Next Up, On Crystal Symphony With The President & Exploring Greenland With Silversea
- Crystal Cruises Ashore: An Interview With Crystal’s Vice President of Land Programs, John Stoll
- The Panama Canal, 100 Years On
- Crystal Serenity’s Modern Cuisine & Charges At The Sushi Bar
- Crystal Cruises Rolls Out Free Internet Access For Its Repeat Guests
- Updated: Our Luxury Cruise Reviews
- Top Cruise Videos: From The Moselle To The Mississippi, Some Of Our Favorites
- Avid Cruiser Voyages: The World Cruise, Shorter Segments Can Provide World Cruise Excitement
- A Cruise Across Sweden, Social Media Awards Roundup & Our Writers Back Home And At Sea
- Five Ways That Crystal Cruises Stays at the Top of the Charts
- Shipshape Means State of the Art in Cruise Line Refits
- Crystal Cruises is Round Tripping in Quebec
- Putting Nobu to a New Test on Crystal Serenity
- Follow Me and See the New Look of the Crystal Serenity
- Two-Minute Time Lapse: Transiting The Panama Canal On Crystal Symphony
- Crystal Cruises Offers Greatly Reduced Standby Fares On Five Sailings
- Crystal Cruises Goes All The Way: All-Inclusive Beginning 2012
- Video Recap: 11 Days On Crystal Symphony, 11 Video Reviews
- Fact Or Fiction? Crystal Cruises, World’s Best?
- Passengers Discuss The Value Of Cruising Crystal: Up To $1000 Per Person Credits
- Time Lapse Panama Canal: A Full-Day Transit In Less Than Two Minutes
- Crystal Symphony Begins Its Transit Of The Panama Canal
- Interview With Guests About Crystal Symphony’s Deluxe Staterooms
- Hungry For Sushi? Don’t Look At This Post
- Entertainment Aplenty On Crystal Symphony: And The Options Are . . .
- Dining On Crystal Symphony, Perfect Choice, Prego & Other Options
- Crystal Symphony, Engage With Us: What Do You Want To Know?
- Crystal Symphony’s Silk Road & Sushi Bar, But Is It A Real Nobu Experience?
- Crystal Spa, A Day Of Pampering – For Men
- Crystal Symphony, Video Recap Of The First Four Days
- Crystal Cruises, Meet The Tech Concierge & CU@Sea
- Crystal Symphony, A Video Walk-Through Of Its Staterooms & Suites
- Crystal Cruises, Activities That Are Traditional, Tried & True? Or New & Fresh?
- Tapping My Inner Artist On Crystal Symphony
- Happy Endings? A Tale Of Two Socks & A Luxury Cruise
- Crystal Cruises, World’s Best? Fact Or Fiction
- Crystal Cruises Panama Canal: Join The Avid Cruiser February 23
- Crystal Cruises Reduces Rates For A March Mexico Cruise: Less Than $200 A Day, Plus Spending Credits
- A Year Of Living Lavishly
- Crystal Symphony 2010 Cabo
- Crystal Symphony 2010
- To The Tune Of Tom’s Diner: Waiting On Something In Southampton – Epic
- Departing Dover On Crystal Symphony For A Ballads Of Britain Cruise
- Bye, Bye, Mexican Pie
- Crystal Caters to Kids with Free Fares in Europe!
- The Razor’s Edge: Who’s The Best? Luxury Cruise Lines Square Off