Silver Whisper will sail a 115-day world cruise from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale, departing January 5, 2013. If you’re not yet booked, you may want to take a look at some of the recently rolled out exclusive complimentary events and new mid-voyage land adventures for the epic journey.
Watch Silver Whisper depart Lisbon this past Saturday.
Trouble viewing the video? Click here.
In addition to a gala Bon Voyage reception, dinner and overnight stay at the renowned Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel on the night prior to embarkation, other complimentary events that will be offered to guests sailing the full World Cruise include an exclusive evening of cocktails and dinner at Singapore’s members-only China Club. Built atop the Capital Tower, the club offers panoramic views and an exotic ’30s and ’40s atmosphere where guests may revel in the glamour of a bygone era.
From Cape Town, guests will journey through the scenic Cape Winelands region to enjoy a wine tasting, gala dinner and overnight stay at a luxury hotel in Stellenbosch.
Plus, a complimentary Silversea Experience, Dinner in the Desert, will be offered in Walvis Bay. Set in the captivating atmosphere of the Namib Desert, this enchanting evening under the stars will include live music, a fire-spinning performance and sumptuous buffet-style dinner.
Optional Overland Program
Also available is a collection of 14 optional mid-voyage land adventures, nearly half of which are brand new. These extended off-ship programs will enable World Cruise guests to spend more time discovering the true culture, heritage and uniqueness of the exotic destinations they will visit. Each of the unique overland extensions includes deluxe accommodations (if overnight stays are required), porterage, all transfers, sightseeing and some meals. Prices range from $999 to $7,999 per person, based on double occupancy.
Briefly recapped below are the NEW overland tours that will debut on World Cruise 2013:
- “Outback Odyssey” — Venture into one of Australia’s most remote areas, famous for its rugged beauty and one of the country’s most enduring symbols, Ayers Rock, shrouded in myths and legends since time began. This five-day/four-night program is offered from Adelaide on February 8. Need inspiration? Check out Cruising Down Under In Photos & Videos: Highlights Of Australia & New Zealand On Silver Shadow, Whisper’s sister.
- “Discover Laos” — Explore the country’s charming capital, Vientiane, and temple-filled Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site situated 2,296 feet (700 metres) above sea level amid a backdrop of scenic mountains. This two-and-a-half-day/two-night program is offered from Ho Chi Minh City on March 2.
- “River Kwai & WW II Memorials” — A visit to Kanchanaburi offers both scenic and serene natural beauty. But for many travelers the main draw is its link to the Second World War and the world famous River Kwai Bridge, commemorated in numerous books and films. This one-and-a-half-day/one-night program is offered from Bangkok on March 4.
- “Myanmar: Golden Pagodas & Ancient Temples” — Venture into Myanmar, the golden land formerly known as Burma, and discover one of the most fascinating destinations in Asia. Visit its exotic capital Yangon, with its magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda, and take a trip to ancient Bagan. This three-and-a-half-day/three-night adventure is offered from Bangkok on March 4.
- “Kandy by Chartered Sea Plane” — Journey by private air taxi into the center of the Kandy plateau to explore the last royal citadel of ancient Ceylon. Nestled in a valley surrounded by hills and dense jungle, Kandy is the cultural heartland of Sri Lanka. This full-day adventure is offered from Colombo on March 15.
- “Pumba Private Game Reserve & Safari Lodge” — Discover wildest Africa on a unique safari adventure in the heart of the Eastern Cape, renowned for its beauty and abundance of wildlife. The game reserve is home to lions, leopards, buffalos, rhinos and elephants, and more than 250 species of birds. This two-and-a-half-day/two-night adventure is offered from Richards Bay on March 31.
Click here for more information and complete details on the full collection of World Cruise overland tours.
Silver Whisper’s World Cruise will follow the tropical belt to 52 destinations in 28 countries with overnight stays in several key ports. The warm-weather journey will explore a realm of far-flung cultures and scenic wonders including New Zealand and Australia’s remote west coast; the idyllic isles of French Polynesia; fascinating Asian cities of Hong Kong, Bangkok and Singapore; and Africa’s rarely seen western coast.
Fares start at $49,999 (per person, double occupancy) for the full 115-day voyage, and shorter segments are available.
Read Avid Cruiser’s review of Silver Whisper, plus more than 30 articles about the vessel, including Choice Accommodations: Silver Whisper’s Largest Suite Is Truly Grand.