One thing became apparent after I stepped aboard the new Scenic Crystal this afternoon in Rudesheim, Germany.
The age of luxury river cruising is well underway.
Consider the following, in photos, on Scenic Crystal:
A few more Scenic hallmarks that we’ll experience this week:
- The “Scenic Sun Lounge,” remote-activated sliding hydraulic sealed windows that can be opened during warm weather and closed during cool weather.
- Complimentary use of electronic-assisted bicycles.
- Shore excursions, or as they are known in the river cruise industry, tours. Scenic, which is also a tour company, brands its tours as Scenic FreeChoice, offering multiple complimentary tours in many destinations.
- Enrichment experiences ashore, such as the classical evening at Rastatt Palace, which I’ll report on later this week.
Coming to Scenic in 2013
- Unlimited complimentary beverages
- Personalized airport transfers. No waiting for a group to fill a minibus or motor coach.
- Scenic Tailormade, a GPS guided tour system that allows guests to tour on their own. Will also be downloadable as an app for Apple and Android devices.