Beginning next week at this time, I’ll be stepping aboard Scenic Tours‘ new Scenic Crystal. We’ve written up a preview of the Scenic Crystal on our sister-site, River Cruise Advisor.
Next Wednesday, I’ll be reporting live from the vessel as we cruise along the Neckar River. Please join me here in this space on Avid Cruiser or join the conversation on Avid Cruiser’s Facebook page.
Here’s our schedule. When the cruise ends, I’ll travel by train to Paris, where I’ll board another exciting river cruise, to be announced next week.
- Day 1: Rüdesheim, April 25: Welcome to Rüdesheim. A Scenic Tours representative will personally greet you and arrange your transfer to your luxury Scenic ‘Space-Ship’ where you will be warmly invited on-board by your dedicated crew.
- Day 2: Heidelberg – Rastatt Apri 26: Choose from one of the following SCENIC FREE CHOICE activities: (1) A guided tour to the university town of Heidelberg; or (2) Visit a real German home for Kaffeeklatsch, an informal social gathering for “coffee and conversation” where you can gain a real insight in to how the locals live. SCENIC ENRICH – Classical Evening at Rastatt Palace.
- Day 3: Strasbourg April 27: A taste of France awaits you as we cruise to “the crossroads of Europe”, Strasbourg. SCENIC FREE CHOICE offers the following Included tours: (1) A walking tour of Strasbourg to explore the lovely canals and half-timbered houses, including La Petite France; or (2) An excursion to the French Alsace Wine Region, including a cellar tasting in the French countryside of Barr.
- Day 4: Black Forest, April 28: A truly magical experience awaits you today as you journey to the majestic Black Forest for a full day excursion.
- Day 5: Basel, April 29: After breakfast this morning it is time to farewell your fellow passengers and disembark the cruise.
See you in Paris!